3 point winch on my bx

/ 3 point winch on my bx #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
Tried to get quote from dealer.he said not available for bx.When I asked what's the issue ,3 point hookup ,or pto he emailed me not enough ground clearance on bx I don't know if it's a tractor won't lift it high enough ,or if he don't think my bx should be in the woods??probably should tell him for over 10 years she's been in the woods maintaining over 50 miles of rugged atv trails for my cub,yarding firewood for the house and rental etc etc
It does quite well pulling from the 3 point it's no skidder no kubota m just would like to have a little logging winch to pull things to my "roads" so I don't have to get in a hard spot.i thought with the winch dug in I ought to be able to pull a log or small tree and then drag it out??
So does anyone think a small farmI or other brand might work on the 23

/ 3 point winch on my bx #4  
2001 is very small, weight is 90kg so its a bit smaller than the 3000kg winches.

/ 3 point winch on my bx #5  
When I was researching getting a 3ph winch for my b series kubota, seems like I did come across a thread on here where someone did run one off a bx kubota. I will look some for it.

As for if it would work on a bx, the bx would run the winch, and as long as the winch was anchored in the ground, it would pull small logs. I wouldnt expect too much though or you could damage your 3ph/tractor. Keep your expectations at small logs.

I dont know the exact pin attachment heights on the 3ph of the bx, but I think you could get one to fit. Main thing would be the pto length and angle. If you get that right, just make sure the bx could lift the winch high enough so the blade gets off the ground to transport the winch.

Norse winches make small models. I think the website is Labboinville??? Try a search on Norse winches or Labboinville. Lots of info. Norse winches were the lightest of all the winches I researched at the time.

Since your tractor is so light, the winch will be used to get the logs to the road for you and the tractor will get the winch to the area on the road needed to do the pull. I wouldnt expect to actually "SKID" many logs, but as you said you know what your tractor can do from what you have been doing in the past in the woods.

Since your 3ph is small, I would definitely look at winches with a lower pulley and mainly use that for any pulls as you could harm your top link area on your small bx or tip it over easy using just the top link. Lower pulley really lowers center of gravity and adds stability and takes stress off 3ph.

My kubota b7800 (b series step up in frame/weight) over the bx series. But the b7800 handled my 76000lb pulling force winch for years and worked well for me. Good luck with your winch decision.

/ 3 point winch on my bx #6  
Norse is made by Igland.

/ 3 point winch on my bx #8  
The 2001 is almost cute, quite a difference when it was side by side with a 5001

/ 3 point winch on my bx
Thanks folks ,I found the uniforest 100 miles from here in Bangor .The Norse is sold at labonville but not the smaller one.i have yet to locate it any where else in maine