Gun Rack

/ Gun Rack #1  

narcnh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7800
Has anyone mounted a gun rack or scabbard to their fold down ROPS?

/ Gun Rack #2  
I was thinking about a pick-up truck style gun rack across the ROPS and figured it could serve dual duty.

One use would be to carry a gun for plinking.

The other use for carrying long handled shovels, rakes, etc.

It seems like no matter what I do with my tractors, I always end up making multiple trips becuase I can't carry everything I need to get a job done. If there is an implement on the 3pt I can't bring everything in a wagon behind me, etc.

If anyone has put a gun rack or tool rack on the ROPS I would love to see pictures.

/ Gun Rack
That's kind of what I was thinking, Bob. But, the rack would have to hold the rifle really snug. The ones I've seen didn't look like they would hold it, but I could be wrong.

/ Gun Rack #4  
Velcro wraps might help? Or rubber bungee cords? Neither would scratch a rifle stock. And both would probably hold a shovel just as easily.

/ Gun Rack #5  
How about the kind that go on the handle bars of a 4 wheeler ATV. I don't have that set up but I have seen them. They hold the gun safe and secure.

/ Gun Rack #6  
I've seen those that go on the ATV's but those are basically scabbord type (at least the one's I've seen) and I would not want that kind because I'd also like to throw a shovel or rake in the rack if needed. A shovel wouldn't fit in a scabbord style gun rack. My idea was as a double duty gun and or shovel rack. Others may only want to carry a gun and could probably use that type of rack.

/ Gun Rack #7  
And for those who just need shovel racks- how about a length of pvc pipe just a bit off horizontal so that the shovel doesn't fall out? Two interlocking pipe clamps on each side to hold the pipe?

/ Gun Rack #8  
I thought about using PVC tube, but I have one of the crooked handle rakes, it would not fit inside the PVC because of the bend in the handle. Also, PVC tube would elminate the ability to carry a short handle shovel that has a "D" grip handle.

If I only wanted a straight long handle tool carrier, a pipe would do the trick.

/ Gun Rack #9  
<font color="blue"> How about the kind that go on the handle bars of a 4 wheeler ATV. I don't have that set up but I have seen them. They hold the gun safe and secure. </font>

That's the one I'd use. They are just a vinyl coated Y with a rubber strap to secure the gun.

/ Gun Rack #10  
<font color="blue">Has anyone mounted a gun rack or scabbard to their fold down ROPS?
</font>

A gun rack on a tractor, hmmm never gave that too much thought before this post. Guess it would work just don't let the neighbors see you threating the vegetable garden with the shotgun. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif