Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23??

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #1  

Nilesw

Bronze Member
I am in the market for a compact in the future and I have been looking around I was wondering what the difference is between the BX 22 and 23 other than the fact that one is a year newer??

Thanks
Nilesw

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #3  
On my BX22, the 4 way FEL valve was an extra option. I think its standard on the BX23.

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #4  
If you're ever given the choice between a 3 way valve and the 4 way, choose the 4 way. The 3 way is tailored to FEL use and won't run a motor or snow blade cylinders.

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #5  
MessickFarmEqu --You forgot the decals! You said it thought. For the delta in Price, get a BX22.

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #6  
The headlights on the 23 are much more attractive but from what I could determine, no more effective. If you still haven't bought one yet, here's what to consider: Does the 22 have the 3 way or 4 way valve. If it has the 3 way, you need to decide if this will be a problem now or in the future depending on the implements you plan to use. If you're not sure, talk it over with a salesman (that's what they're there for). If you think you may need a 4-way, it could be cheaper to get the 23 now than the valve later. If it has the 4-way, buy the cheaper one.

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #7  
FYI, there is little price difference between the 3/4 way valve on most Kubota equipment... its about $30 on the BX22. Most dealers, if they think though their orders only will sell the 4-way... thus why the 3-way is no longer availabe on the 23.

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think its standard on the BX23. )</font>

Yes, the 4 - way FEL valve is standard on the BX-23.

- Rob

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #9  
I traded a BX2200 for a BX23, and I have found that there are differences in the tractors. I had the 4-way valve on the BX2200, but it was standard on the BX23. The loader control valve is also attached to the tractor full time which I find to be a major improvement.

As for the hood....I figured out how to get the hood closed on the BX2200 without a major problem. I read that they had improved the BX23 hood, and I looked forward to seeing a big improvement. That isn't the case though, all that was changed was the way the locking pin is engaged/disengaged. The BX2200 had a straight push pull type lever on the dash which if you pushed in by hand instead of just closing the hood and hoping the spring pulled it forward, worked fine. The BX23 hood is identical, the pin and hood catch are the same, but now you can't just push the pin forward. I found you have to wiggle the hood to get it to close.

I have also noticed that the BX23 is a lot harder to start in the cold. I don't know if I have a problem with the glow plugs, but the BX2200 never had a problem in zero degree temps. There have been times I didn't think the BX23 would start and it is garaged, where the BX2200 had been in a shed. If the glow plugs are working, and I have read about others having starting problems, I am going to purchase a block heater.

I also posted that there the attachments for the BX2200 did fit perfectly on the tractor, but with the different loader control, the hydraulic hoses for the attachments do not work. I had to purchase longer hoses to reach from the front attachment lift to the loader controller.

I have also found the safety features on the BX23 to be more annoying. The BX23 has the weight switch in the seat, so if you shift in the seat the tractor stalls. When the weather warms up, that is going to be "fixed".

/ Difference between BX 22 and Bx 23?? #10  
Just think back two years ago........ you thought then that you didn't have a need for a backhoe. Just goes to show that once you have the tractor and realize what it can do, you start to want all the "accessories" that it will work, just to see how much more it can do. To me, the backhoe is a back saver, and like air conditioning, you might not use it often, but you sure are glad to have it when you need it.

Does your BX23 have the new engine in it or the old design engine? I remember reading that Kubota was using the old design engines until stock was depleted and then going to be installing the new design engine. To date, no one has posted an response to how the block heater is mounted in the new design engine. Have you asked your dealer about this yet??