B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up.

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #1  

jrepp44

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSTC
I had posted earlier that my B2650 hydro noise was excessive. To follow up I now have the tractor back from the dealer. They found that the cab was not mounted correctly and was rubbing on the transmission. I am happy to report the noise is now greatly reduced - except - when I use the cruise control. Has anyone else had this issue?

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #2  
Cruise control is louder in my B2650 that using the HST pedal. There is a vibration coming from the cruise control linkage and plastic lever guides that created quite a racket. Otherwise I am mostly happy with the HST noise in my cab. I think that it could be quieted some if I added some sound deadening material such like many of the custom car guys and aftermarket stereo guys do.

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #3  
cab.JPG

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

I'm a bit confused..the cab is integrated and comes from the factory .... don't undersatnd how it could be rubbing on the transmission...I'm going to chck mine out and try to figure out the dealers explanation.

Thanks for the update jrepp44

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #4  
That was the first thing I noticed when using the cruise control also, how much louder it was . I use ear protection now , so it isn't a problem . I don't why they bother to put a radio in it .

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #5  
They probably adjusted or added rubber to the isolator that looks like it cushions the cab from the frame. My 3350 has some expanded foam/rubber things that look like they cushion parts of the cab. Could be the folks in Japan got things wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up.
Kanook - I don't understand either, the parts breakdown for the cab shows that the cab is mounted with two rubber bushings.

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #7  
That was the first thing I noticed when using the cruise control also, how much louder it was . I use ear protection now , so it isn't a problem . I don't why they bother to put a radio in it .

Bummer. :(

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #8  
One thing I did notice is that when you engage the parking brake that the noise level increases. I think what is happening is that this action actually "connects" the cab with the engine/frame which transmits noise. As I have not used the cruise control I imagine that this connection also transmits noise to the cab. Just a thought but it might explain noise increase when connecting the cruise control

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #9  
I got a B2650 HSDC-TLB in Dec 2017 with a top end radio. My tractor whines so much it makes radio useless and I have yet to use the cruise control. Dealer was no help and I am disappointed that Kubota thinks this is acceptable.

/ B2650 Hydro Noise - follow up. #10  
This is good to know when I buy my next Kubota.