Leak down? New to Forum.

/ Leak down? New to Forum. #1  

brentbx22

Tractor
Kubota BX22-Cub 125
First post here but wont be my last. I have a BX22, my question is when put up the tractor the backhoe will leak down. Is this normal? The FNL does not unless I have weight in the bucket then it leaks down also, but not as fast. The tractor has only 48hours and will be going in for its first service.

/ Leak down? New to Forum. #2  
Brent,

Go to the Search function and search for leakdown in the Kubota Owning/Operating forum. Select "all posts" for the Date Range, and you'll find lots of discussion on this subject.

/ Leak down? New to Forum. #3  
brentbx22

Welcome to TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Some leakdown is normal.

Here is a thread on FEL drop.

Click Here

/ Leak down? New to Forum. #4  
Slow leak down is normal. Now having said that you should lower all implements to the ground before shutting off the tractor as a safety precaution. If some fool or kid comes up and plays with your controls even if the tractor is off the implement could come down and do serious injury.

/ Leak down? New to Forum. #5  
I would say it is normal. If you look at the geometry of the boom cylinder, you will notice that it doesn't take much movement of the cylinder to drop the boom by quite a bit.

I always keep the boom and swing locking pins in place on my BX23 except when using the BH. However, a while back I left the boom pin out just to see what would happen. Over a period of several days the boom dropped enough that the bucket almost touched the floor.

My BH bucket "uncurls" a couple of inches overnight, and my stabilizers drop maybe a quarter to a half inch. I always try to keep the FEL on the ground when parked, so I can't comment about drift on that end.