From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe?

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe? #1  

worm

Tractor
BX2200
I bought my BX2200 new in 2002 (loaded ag tires,front and back with washer fluid). I am thinking about upgrading to A BX25D1 with 60 mmm and maybe A thumb, or make one later . I love my 2200, but I kinda need A few and hoe around the place so my back doesn't hurt so much. My good buddy and close friend has A bx2670, that I have been comparing my BX2200 to (not the hp). I assume everything else is the same, except the subframe? As far as the tractor its self, I found A few things different that I am not crazy about. 1. My 2200 seems to have A much tighter turning radius. 2. Top speed for traming is faster on my 2200. 3. The hydraulic lift lever on the 2200 will go to top, or to bottom and return to neutral automatically. The newer ones, you have to HOLD to go down or up. 4. The seat, while the newer seats are much better, they also seem to sit 3 or 4 inches higher. 5. The HUGE ROPS, I might hang myself with them while mowing. 6. The 3 point hitch rating on the 2200 is 1210 lbs, according to the owners manual. The new BXxx70-1 series brochure says at least 670 lbs (not sure what they are trying to say here).

I know, It sounds like I am trying to talk myself out of it, but I would like some feedback from someone who has went from A BX2200 to A newer bx.

By the way, I have A coupon, and I would already have one if the dealer in Eastern KY had one in stock that wasn't spoken for.

I have been doing A lot of reading on this forum for A while now. I don't post much, but I would really like to hear opinions and advice.

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe? #2  
Can't help with this one. Not ready to give up my BX2200.

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe?
I wouldn't give mine up either, if It had A few and A hoe.
By the way, what does the d stand for in your signature bx2200d?

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe? #4  
I wouldn't give mine up either, if It had A few and A hoe.
By the way, what does the d stand for in your signature bx2200d?

Four wheel drive. But then all BX2200's are 4 x 4.
I need a hoe for a few jobs. Dealer will rent me one for $185 per day.

Thx. I guess mine is A d too.

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe? #6  
I bought my BX2200 new in 2002 (loaded ag tires,front and back with washer fluid). I am thinking about upgrading to A BX25D1 with 60 mmm and maybe A thumb, or make one later . I love my 2200, but I kinda need A few and hoe around the place so my back doesn't hurt so much. My good buddy and close friend has A bx2670, that I have been comparing my BX2200 to (not the hp). I assume everything else is the same, except the subframe? As far as the tractor its self, I found A few things different that I am not crazy about. 1. My 2200 seems to have A much tighter turning radius. 2. Top speed for traming is faster on my 2200. 3. The hydraulic lift lever on the 2200 will go to top, or to bottom and return to neutral automatically. The newer ones, you have to HOLD to go down or up. 4. The seat, while the newer seats are much better, they also seem to sit 3 or 4 inches higher. 5. The HUGE ROPS, I might hang myself with them while mowing. 6. The 3 point hitch rating on the 2200 is 1210 lbs, according to the owners manual. The new BXxx70-1 series brochure says at least 670 lbs (not sure what they are trying to say here). I know, It sounds like I am trying to talk myself out of it, but I would like some feedback from someone who has went from A BX2200 to A newer bx. By the way, I have A coupon, and I would already have one if the dealer in Eastern KY had one in stock that wasn't spoken for. I have been doing A lot of reading on this forum for A while now. I don't post much, but I would really like to hear opinions and advice.

I went from a BX2200 to a BX 25 a year and a half ago. I have not noticed any change it turning radius between the two, nor have I noticed a difference in top speed. I don't know what you mean about the lift lever, I assume you are talking about the 3 point hitch hydraulics. If so then yes I seem to recall the 2200 would stay in the up or down position. I much prefer the auto return on the new model. Yeah, the rops was bigger but I think they have reduced it is size since I bought my 25.

All in all there has been nothing I have been unhappy about with the new one vs. the old and I would do it again without hesitation.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe? #7  
My first tractor was a BX2200 FEL MMM. Thought it was my once in a lifetime mower with and expensive wheelbarrow on the front. Did so much more than I ever expected it to do plus using it as a tractor instead of just a yard mower I needed more ground clearance, traction and a bit more power so traded it to a B7800 FEL and a BX1500 MMM for mowing. I've bought around 20 Kubotas since then.
One of my most used tractors was a BX25 a few years ago, traded it to a B2620 FEL BH and traded that to a BX25D-1 which is the current model BX.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...5-bx25d-engine-brakign-vid-6.html#post4151930 ...............read this thread for my opinion on the new BX25D-1. I would not trade until Kubota fixes the problem which you will notice after driving the BX25D-1 since you currently own a Kubota BX HST. If the coasting doesn't bother you then go for it. Barlows in Somerset may have one in stock and he is who I trade with and he has always given me great price for my trade in and discounted price on the purchase tractor. Kubota had a special deal on BX25D-1s recently that had them around $17500 with buying one or two implements which one could be the 3ph arms and was available to all dealers.

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe? #8  
If you aren't going to be using the hoe with any great frequently, you might be better off keeping what you have and renting an excavator or mini back hoe when you have to do that time of digging.

Thanks for the replies. I stopped in at Barlow about 2 weeks ago. STEVE was with A customer and I had to go, I left my info and what I wanted. I am still waiting for A reply. Not A good First impression. I did see 2 bx25d-1s. I guess they aren't for sale. I have heard good things about Barlows. Sorry I can't. 2 months ago I filled out their online form for what I was interested in, with my contact info, still haven't herd from them.
I know there will be some differences, I guess I'm thinking too much.

/ From A BX2200 to A BX25D1, Maybe? #10  
Nothing to do with your questions, but why in the world are all of your single-letter-word a's capitalized?