Disc harrow recommendations for my BX2660

/ Disc harrow recommendations for my BX2660 #1  

Poopdeck Pappy

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK50SE Cab, Kubota BX23, Kubota BX2660, Grasshopper 729BT
I've decided I need to get a disc harrow for my BX2660. Do you BX guys have any recommendations?

I assume a 4 foot one would be the right size. It would probably lift and pull a light 5 foot one, but I'd rather have a heavy 4 footer than a light 5 footer. (I've used disc harrows enough to know that weight means the difference between scratching around versus penetrating the soil.) The problem is that I don't know if anyone makes a heavy 4 footer.

/ Disc harrow recommendations for my BX2660 #2  
I think consideration of the lack of traction that a BX has in order to pull a disc harrow heavy enough to dig in.
I've went to Barlows twice over the years and picked,. priced and ready to tell him to order one for me and he's convinced me both times that it would not do what I wanted it to do.
Most BXs and Bs have more HP than they have traction ability. Weight and the value of more weight is better really shows up in the BXs and Bs.

/ Disc harrow recommendations for my BX2660 #3  
Get a PTO powered roto-tiller.

You need a Disc Harrow with 18" diameter pans to accomplish anything. No one I know makes a Disc with 18" pans, 48" wide. My Kubota B3300SU barely pulled a Howse DH with 18" pans fast enough.

Both implements are tillers, mixing soil.

Last edited:
   / Disc harrow recommendations for my BX2660 #4  
Here ya go: Compact Angle Iron Disc Harrow by Everything Attachments

And the product video:

/ Disc harrow recommendations for my BX2660
Thanks for the responses. I'm still thinking about this. I will need to leave whatever implement I get outside in the weather because I have no space to park it under cover. So, I'd rather not get a tiller and leave that outside.

Plus, I think I could make 3 passes with a disc harrow and then run a drag over it to bust up clods and level out the ridges left by the disc harrow in the same amount of time I could do one pass with a PTO powered tiller.