Oil & Fuel Cracked and leaking Kubota BX2200 fuel tank fuel line attachment point

/ Cracked and leaking Kubota BX2200 fuel tank fuel line attachment point #1  

John R. Blair Jr.

Backed the Ole Kubota BX2200 into my detached tiller and BAM there goes the left rear tail light lens AND the fuel tank fuel line attachment point (tit?) which is right behind the wheel fairing!!?!? Yep cracked it I heard it crack CRACK any who by messing around and applying finger pressure I found I could put some reverse pressure on the crack fuel line attachment crack and the leak would stop Soooo some wire, a large clip, a stick, some duct tape, I rigged a temp fix (stopped leaking) and finished mowing!

Now what; replace the tank (HOW?) or some JB weld on the crack or leave the rig up and wait for total failure.

Any and all (including LMAO) ideas or past successful fixes are most welcome and appreciated.
Semper fi
John

/ Cracked and leaking Kubota BX2200 fuel tank fuel line attachment point #2  
I would go to kubota.com, click on:

"Parts" menu=>"Illustrated Parts List" button=>"I accept the Term and Conditions" checkbox=>"Open" button

In the "MODEL NAME" text box, enter "BX2200" and click the "Search" button

In the "BOOK" column, click on "OPEN"

An Illustrated Parts List window should open up with your tractor.

Expand the "FUEL SYSTEM" node by clicking on the plus (+) sign. Click on "A10100 FUEL TANK". The right hand panel should display the fuel tank and all of its parts.

Is what you are describing in that picture? If it is what I think it is, a new fuel tank may be the fix. Hopefully not...

/ Cracked and leaking Kubota BX2200 fuel tank fuel line attachment point
Yep; Part # K2561-54700 Assy Tank Fuel. The ilustration does not clearly show the fuel line connection though except for the invisible sketch through of the approximate location on the top left rear of the tank.

Found this else where:

“Follow XXXXX’s suggestion, the glue to use
is J.B.Weld. you can purchase it a auto parts
store. I've used it on gas tanks a lot of times
and it never leaked. It held gasoline, so it
will hold diesel fuel for sure. The only thing
is the area has to be clean, and you do have to
let the J.B.Weld dry for 24 hours before using
the tank. Hint; sand the area,then flush with
laquer thinner to remove any diesel fuel residue.”
May try that when my temp repair gives way.

BUT: I’m now using the part # to look for one on the Nets; it don’t look too hard to replace!?!?!
Thanks for the info!
Semper fi
John

/ Cracked and leaking Kubota BX2200 fuel tank fuel line attachment point #4  
The next section "A11002 FUEL PIPE" shows the plumbing.

That sucks about the busted fitting on the tank...

Messick's shows $201.50 for the fuel tank.

/ Cracked and leaking Kubota BX2200 fuel tank fuel line attachment point #5  
You can use heat to thermally weld the crack....
Or you can cut the fitting off and drill a hole, then use a bulkhead connector and bolt it through the hole... Even a metal valve stem with the 'rubber' washers bolted to it will work perfectly.
remove the schrader valve and increase the ID if you want... you can fish it into position using a length of wire.... KennyV ValveStem.jpg

/ Cracked and leaking Kubota BX2200 fuel tank fuel line attachment point
GREAT Stuff Ya’LL; Mowed some more today with the “stuff repair” in place lost not one drop! Might just wait till late fall and try and install a new tank then…
Semper fi
John