BX front wheel interchangibility

/ BX front wheel interchangibility #1  

thirdroc17

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota & Wheel Horse
Just a few simple questions. Will the 8" front wheels from a BX1870 fit on a BX2670? Concerned about clearance around the gear housing, etc. If so, is there a width or offset difference?

Thanks.

/ BX front wheel interchangibility #2  
Wouldn't the rolling radius be different so that your front wheel assist would not work properly.

/ BX front wheel interchangibility
An 18" tall tire is an 18" tall tire, doesn't make any difference what size the wheel is. There are far more 18" tall tires to choose from in 8" than 10" wheel size.

/ BX front wheel interchangibility #4  
According to kubota.com, the 1870 has one size of tires/wheels and the 2370, 2670 and 25D have another size. Meaning, the 2370, 2670 and 25D all have the same size (in their respective tire type), however the 1870 is smaller.

Whether or not the wheels from a 2370, 2670 or 25D would actually physically bolt on, I don't know. But due to the size difference, you would not want to do this.

The size of the WHEEL has NOTHING to do with the overall diameter of the tire. An EIGHTEEN inch tall tire is EIGHTEEN inches tall, and 56.5" around. If the wheel is 4" of the diameter or 16" of it, the TIRE is STILL 18" tall.

A low profile, 18" tire on a 10" wheel does ride a whole bunch rougher than an 18" tire on an 8" wheel. More sidewall, more flex with an 8" wheel. That is why pneumatic tires were invented in the first place.

I don't have a loader, so don't go bothering telling me how I need the low profile tires for that.

All I asked, and wanted to know is, will the wheel interchange? If so, that opens up dozens of available tires THE SAME OVERALL DIAMETER AS STOCK while absorbing the rough stuff better.

Even if it did, so what? 99% of the time, it's in 2 wheel drive. Even when in 4 wheel drive, does that mean you can't turn? Apparently not, because when turning, the front tires have to go farther, thereby screwing up the front to rear ratio of straight ahead. That's why, even in winter, I use 2 wheel drive and chains on the rear. That gives me plenty of forward push, while allowing it to turn BETTER because the fronts don't have to be slid along faster than they are turning.

/ BX front wheel interchangibility #6  
Put big fat tires on the front, we don't care. Geez....

/ BX front wheel interchangibility #7  
The size of the WHEEL has NOTHING to do with the overall diameter of the tire. An EIGHTEEN inch tall tire is EIGHTEEN inches tall, and 56.5" around. If the wheel is 4" of the diameter or 16" of it, the TIRE is STILL 18" tall.

A low profile, 18" tire on a 10" wheel does ride a whole bunch rougher than an 18" tire on an 8" wheel. More sidewall, more flex with an 8" wheel. That is why pneumatic tires were invented in the first place.

I don't have a loader, so don't go bothering telling me how I need the low profile tires for that.

All I asked, and wanted to know is, will the wheel interchange? If so, that opens up dozens of available tires THE SAME OVERALL DIAMETER AS STOCK while absorbing the rough stuff better.

Even if it did, so what? 99% of the time, it's in 2 wheel drive. Even when in 4 wheel drive, does that mean you can't turn? Apparently not, because when turning, the front tires have to go farther, thereby screwing up the front to rear ratio of straight ahead. That's why, even in winter, I use 2 wheel drive and chains on the rear. That gives me plenty of forward push, while allowing it to turn BETTER because the fronts don't have to be slid along faster than they are turning.

Yeah, we all get that. Your post though did not really say you don't give a #$%^ about tire sizes that traditionally goes with said wheels...so we were giving advice that more than likely fit the question. If you don't want help, don't ask. Sheesh...

Just a few simple questions. Will the 8" front wheels from a BX1870 fit on a BX2670? Concerned about clearance around the gear housing, etc. If so, is there a width or offset difference?

Thanks.

My original SIMPLE question. Thanks for nothing guys.

/ BX front wheel interchangibility #9  
I don't know if the bolt pattern and pilot diameter is different or not. Do you have a dealer close by where you could measure them?

/ BX front wheel interchangibility #10  
You can put sand in your engine instead of motor oil, but people would advise against it. Same thing with the tire size. My guess is the wheels and tires would bolt up, but the front tire to rear tires size is important. If the overall diameter is the same, you are correct, the ratio would still be the same. I'd take one off and take it to a dealer and just roll it up next to an 1870 and see if they are the same.