Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off

/ Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off #1  

Chain Bender

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200
2010 L3200. Someone please tell or show me where the fuel shut off valve is for the fuel tank on this tractor. I need to replace the fuel filter and have traced every fuel line that I can find and can't find a shut off for it.

tks in advance,'
CB

Last edited:
   / Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off #2  
I don't know about your tractor but my 3350 and 2920 shut off automatically when you unscrew the glass bowl. Some folks put Saran wrap between the fuel cap and the tank to restrict air from entering the tank. Good luck...hopefully someone with a 3200 can respond correctly!

/ Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off
There is a small tube with a "springy" thing and it does move up and down. I can also see that the filter would definitely push this "thingy" up when screw in, but it doesn't work. Hasn't worked the two previous times I've replaced the filter either. After the first replacement I just learned to take the old one off with one hand and let it drop into the catch can and immediately start the new one with the other hand.

But shouldn't there still be a cut off on the tank some where in case you had to remove it?

/ Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off #4  
Nope, no fuel shutoff on the basic L-series. Sounds like a little dirt or a bad seat on the valve in the fuel filter.

/ Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off #5  
2010 L3200. Someone please tell or show me where the fuel shut off valve is for the fuel tank on this tractor. I need to replace the fuel filter and have traced every fuel line that I can find and can't find a shut off for it.

tks in advance,'
CB

What the WSM states and it works on my L3200 is that if you change the filter with less than a half tank of gas then it will automatically reroute the fuel back into the tank.

/ Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off
What the WSM states and it works on my L3200 is that if you change the filter with less than a half tank of gas then it will automatically reroute the fuel back into the tank.

Well alrighty then. Guess I need to start looking for a bunch of fire ant beds to pour the 4 gallons of fuel I drain out onto! ;-)

Thanks guys,
CB

/ Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off #7  
Well alrighty then. Guess I need to start looking for a bunch of fire ant beds to pour the 4 gallons of fuel I drain out onto! ;-)

Thanks guys,
CB

pinch the hose off with some forceps wrapped around a rag, or something similar.

/ Fuel shut off or even better fuel tank shut off #8  
Agree, Vice Grips, C clamp etc.

Walt Conner