Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on?

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #1  

Mcaveman

Silver Member
Tractor
Own Z121S, BX25 purchased w 35 hrs
Looking to purchase a trailer for my bx25, whats the smallest size it will fit on and does it have to be a double axle?

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #2  
It doesn't have to be double axel, but I doubt you can find a single axel with a strong enough rating. I would buy a longer than needed trailer so you can haul extra implements.

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #3  
My neighbor has a MF SCUT. Not sure of the model (GC17XX) with loader. Soon after he bought it he asked me about a trailer that would haul his tractor. I suggested he get a double axle 16' small car trailer. He thought about it and ended up buying a single axle trailer rated at 3000 lb. (tractor is about 1700-1800 lb) to haul it around between his home and camp. Trailer is 80" wide by 12' long and is plenty big enough for the tractor with loader. Then he found out it is not big enough to haul the tractor with loader and implements. He figured he would hang the loader over the tongue so he had room for an implement in back. He doesn't have a truck so he tows it with his Chevy Equinox. On his first trip loaded like this he made a sharp turn and smashed out a car taillight with the loader bucket. (a $180. replacement). Since then he decided he has to make 2 trips to get the tractor and implements to camp.

You buy what you want just be careful and make sure its tied down once loaded.

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #4  
Whatever size you think you need, get one bigger. I thought a 6' x 16' 7000# would do for me, it was fine until I got some implements. Now I have a 7' x 20' 10400# and to be honest, I wish I had a 26' 14000# deckover gooseneck, but it wasn't in my budget at the time.

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #6  
No it doesn't have to be a double axle but do yourself a favor if you plan to move it more than once a year and more than a couple miles per trip. Invest in at least a 16ft double axle and don't look back. Better yet, find a dumper if you have other projects in mind.

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #7  
At the risk of incurring TBN rath...

The only trailer I have used for my BX tlb is single axle with 10 foot rails... the trailer is well built and was made for SCCA cars in the early 1960's... it has too many thousands of miles to count and hauled a Lotus Super 7 coast to coast in 1969 and also carried early mustangs and a Ford GT 40 to the San Francisco Car Show many years ago...

No brakes required when it was built since GVW is under 3500 lbs...

The loader fits perfect on the V front and the 10 ply tires carry the load well... also very easy to maneuver and the tires last a long time since there is no scrub when negotiating sharp turns...

We have some hairpin switchbacks near here and every year there are loaded tandem axle trailers with the tires pulled right off the rims...

I tow it with my neighbors Ford Excursion which is great tow vehicle...

That said... I do have a tandem axle 16 foot with 7,000 gvw I use for other things and a PJ 18' flatbed with tilt up ramps that is 12,000 GVW... for the Deere 110 tlb.

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #8  
I need to trade my trailer. It is too short and the biggest problem is the wheels rub the deck. It is an over the wheels trailer with two 5k axels. The tractor weighs about 8,500 pounds so it should work. I could take a cutting torch to the deck.

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #9  
At the risk of incurring TBN rath... The only trailer I have used for my BX tlb is single axle with 10 foot rails... the trailer is well built and was made for SCCA cars in the early 1960's... it has too many thousands of miles to count and hauled a Lotus Super 7 coast to coast in 1969 and also carried early mustangs and a Ford GT 40 to the San Francisco Car Show many years ago... No brakes required when it was built since GVW is under 3500 lbs... The loader fits perfect on the V front and the 10 ply tires carry the load well... also very easy to maneuver and the tires last a long time since there is no scrub when negotiating sharp turns... We have some hairpin switchbacks near here and every year there are loaded tandem axle trailers with the tires pulled right off the rims... I tow it with my neighbors Ford Excursion which is great tow vehicle... That said... I do have a tandem axle 16 foot with 7,000 gvw I use for other things and a PJ 18' flatbed with tilt up ramps that is 12,000 GVW... for the Deere 110 tlb.
No wrath UR... and I get where you are coming from. Reality is that a properly sized trailer in the first place will solve all your regrets before you have them.

/ Smallest trailer a BX25 will fit on? #10  
When I had just an 18 HP L & G tractor, I bought a tandem axle, 10,000 axles, equipment hauler......12 foot long. I thought that would be more than enough for me to haul gravel, rock. the kid's furniture, dirt and the little tractor.

Well, ten years later I have a B2620. With just the FEL and MMM it fits....barely. Wish I had a 16 footer. But, "Hey", I'm getting along OK, and as my Dad used to say....."Make Do".