ROPS paint?

/ ROPS paint? #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
I need to get the grey colored spray paint can to touch up my rops on the L2501. Does anyone happen to know which spray paint will match up pretty close for the rops? Something from wally world maybe rustoleum? It's some sort of dark grey. Thanks. I did do a search but came up with many threads with rops and spray paint, and nothing about this. i couldn't figure out how to do the search and make it with rops and spray paint only in the thread.

/ ROPS paint? #2  
I have seen Kubota Gray at tractor supply, so maybe check there. Of course, you can get an exact match from the dealer but it will be $$$.

/ ROPS paint?
:thumbsup:Thanks, I didn't think about TSC.

/ ROPS paint? #4  
Local Kubota dealer? Bought my orange and grey there. Beware there are two oranges. Don't know about grey.

/ ROPS paint? #5  
There're two greys involved, also, depending on the age of the tractor. One is blue-ish, the other just grey. But being small area, you can fake it with something close. I sprayed some areas of my L3130's engine side panels with a close, but not perfect, match and once done, you had to know it about to even notice the lack of a perfect match. It was an off the shelf grey that looked close, not a specialty tractor paint.

/ ROPS paint? #6  
I wasn't sure which of the two Kubota grays or is it grey? to buy, anyway I bought what's called rops grey to paint the rear wheel spacers on my B2601 and appears to be a perfect match but expensive, $15. As far as the orange paint, I have heard that Dupli-color's Chevy engine enamel is a good match but don't know if it's for the newer or the older Kubota's?

/ ROPS paint? #7  
I use Rustoleum Charcoal grey, just a hair lighter color.I have a newer BX 2360 from 2012-2013.

/ ROPS paint? #8  
The Rustoleum Charcoal Grey is close but hard to find, try hardware or tractor supply stores, big box around here do not have it. Also look for Van Sickle paint had a white color for another vintage brand that matches up good with the radiator support on earlier machines.

David

/ ROPS paint?
Thanks everyone. I stopped by the TSC today and the closest thing there was a MF gray.