New L6060 Leaking from Weep Hole

/ New L6060 Leaking from Weep Hole #11  
I just noticed my L45 is starting to leak in the same spot.Called the dealer and he will try to get it in next week to be fixed under warranty.The tractor has 32 hours on it.

/ New L6060 Leaking from Weep Hole #12  
Must be the dry weather we've been having ;)

/ New L6060 Leaking from Weep Hole
I just noticed my L45 is starting to leak in the same spot.Called the dealer and he will try to get it in next week to be fixed under warranty.The tractor has 32 hours on it.

I stopped at the dealer today to get some more UDT2. I am planning on sending mine back in another week or so.

/ New L6060 Leaking from Weep Hole #14  
I stopped at the dealer today to get some more UDT2. I am planning on sending mine back in another week or so.

I am guessing you never took it in to fix the seal yet or is there another problem?

No,I haven't taken it in yet. Just been watching the level and keeping it topped up.

Wanted to get a bunch of work done with it before letting it go for a while.

Keep on finding more...

/ New L6060 Leaking from Weep Hole #16  
Update on an old thread.The dealer had my L45 for about a week and a half.He said he wasn't able to get anything to leak out of the pin.He tried running it and driving it around but no leaks.After talking to Kubota they suggested it may have a leak in the front axle seal where the drive shaft connects.There is a metal tube over the drive shaft so any axle fluid leaking out this seal will flow back through the tube and eventually out the drain pin.They replaced this seal and we will see what happens.Apparently Kubota used a different type of seal in the newer Grand L's,and the L45,and they have been having a fair amount of problems with them.The recommended fix is to replace the seal with the older spec seal.I haven't been talking to the dealer since the repair so I don't know if they found evidence of the original seal leaking.He dropped the tractor off while I was away.I will ask him about it the next time I am talking to him.

Thank you for the update! I still have not taken my tractor in because it is still in high demand. Hoping to get it in after firewood is done.

What you are saying makes a lot of sense. Take a look at these. I took them a few weeks ago.

ForumRunner_20150815_224124.png

ForumRunner_20150815_224149.png

ForumRunner_20150815_224202.png

Unfortunately in the first picture you can't see that the largest puddle is in the back. It's in the shadow and under the weep hole.

In the second you see oil coming from the front axle, running down from the tube. There is also oil collecting on the screw heads and dripping from there.

In the third you see a bead of oil ready to drip from the weep hole.

This explains everything. I feel much better now. Tomorrow I will check the fluid level in the front axle. I'm sure it needs a refill. Also explains why the main reservoir hasn't really dropped much.

/ New L6060 Leaking from Weep Hole #18  
From the pictures it looks like your axle seal may be leaking.Apparently it is a fairly easy repair.Kubota allows ten minutes to do it but it is more like a half hour.A lot less than splitting the tractor in two pieces.