WOW!

/ WOW! #11  
I was giving you a few jabs, because I don't know of anyone else that has both a 10" bucket and a 12" bucket. I don't think that the 2" difference is worth the $400+ cost of an additional bucket. How did you wind up with the two buckets? I would think that the dealer would have pointed this out to you........I don't want to insult you, but this is just my opinion.

/ WOW!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was giving you a few jabs, because I don't know of anyone else that has both a 10" bucket and a 12" bucket. )</font>

Is it not true that a narrower bucket has more digging force? My understanding is that the 12" bucket will have 20% less digging force than the 10" bucket. Not so?

Well, if it IS so, then I can envision times when that extra digging ability might be helpful.

At any rate the tractor came with a 10" bucket and I wanted a 12" bucket. The cost for the extra bucket wasn't that much. I also paid only half what you paid for your stabilizer pads. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hog

/ WOW! #13  
I paid $180 for the stabilizers...... that means that you got the other bucket for $ 90 - $100. That seems like a great deal. I would buy a 10" bucket just to have it if I could find one for that amount.

/ WOW! #14  
"....I'm amazed at how quickly I'm picking up the controls, being able to remember what each lever does....

I wish I could say the same for my digging skills, but I'm sure those will improve with experience...."

Thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I have been saying for a while now what a fantastic, precise machine the BT600 is. Glad to hear from another fan. It shouldn't take long for you to work out some of the beginner's problems -- the biggest one being (in my opinion) the tendency to pull the tractor all over the place. Don't forget to put the FEL in full dump position and stick the edge in the ground -- that will help a bit. Learning the optimum starting angle for the BH bucket seems to be a good trick, too, so that the curl takes a bite of dirt, rather than lifting and pulling the tractor backwards.

I've had so much fun with mine that I didn't want to take it off. Finally, after 40 hours I started playing with other attachments, but I'm anxious to put the BH back on and dig some more. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ WOW! #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This thing is so **** fun I'm worried about the day that I run out of things to dig up. Is that possible?
)</font>

Plan ahead. Bury stuff now to dig up later! Pete

/ WOW! #16  
As an EMT and former fire fighter, please go buy a box of gloves. I got my last box for about $7. Although I no longer actively respond to calls, I maintain my certs since I work with lots of Cub Scouts and 4H kids. So, I keep gloves around. I use them when filling from a diesel pump, and other general ickyness.

From a health provider point of view, gloves are used for body substance isolation. The doctor used the glove for good reason, and who knows what kind of bad bad stuff was on it, which could have make you sick or worse...

/ WOW! #17  
Make sure you find the number for your local Underground Service Alert. It's nice to find out there is wire, plumbing, ect there before you find it with the tractor. It is free too.

Don't ask how I found out /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif fortunately it was not something terribly important or expensive.

/ WOW! #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ......................
From a health provider point of view, gloves are used for body substance isolation. The doctor used the glove for good reason, and who knows what kind of bad bad stuff was on it, which could have make you sick or worse...
)</font>

I have read from top to bottom, but I have no idea as to what "bad stuff" you are referring to. Am I missing something???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ WOW! #19  
He is responding to the comment by HoggyB that he took the glove out of the garbage can at his doctor's orifice, I mean office. That's probably where the glove was before the garbage, an orifice /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. They are cheap to buy, keep them out of the sunlight and the box will last for many years.

/ WOW!
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( He is responding to the comment by HoggyB that he took the glove out of the garbage can at his doctor's orifice, I mean office. That's probably where the glove was before the garbage, an orifice /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. They are cheap to buy, keep them out of the sunlight and the box will last for many years. )</font>

Hee, heee- I'd forgotten I even put that in there. I thought someone would've bit right away on that (icch).

Actually I have two boxes of gloves from CostCo. $7 for two boxes shrinkwrapped together.

They're great for spreading pizza dough too: They don't stick to the dough and you don't have to grease up your hands...

Hog