Backhoe Backhoe for a L3130

/ Backhoe for a L3130 #1  

JimMorrissey

Veteran Member
Tractor
'05/'06 L39 TLB
All,

Also.....Does anybody have any direct experience with a backhoe on a L3130?

Questions:

Any suggestions on the appropriate backhoe model for a 3130? Kubota offers two models.

Are there any aftermarket backhoes that complete with the factory Kubota offering?

Any ideas on cost for the various backhoe options?

Do I really need a L3430 in order to use a backhoe with authority?

Thanks again,

Jim

/ Backhoe for a L3130 #2  
Jim,
Ive been doing alot of looking at different backhoes for my 3130 also. Ive decided that sticking with a Kubota product is the way to go so for me it's come down to either the BL4690B or BH90. The best prices Ive gotten so far are $6100 for the 4690 w/reversable feet and $7800 and remotes for the 90, both installed. My dealer is pushing the 4690 for my needs and tractor. He says he's had real good luck with them, no complaints and he just feels the the 90 is oversized for the 3130. I drove an extra hour past the closest Kubota dealer to buy my tractor from this guy because I trust him and he hasnt lead me astray yet so I do have some level of trust in him. It seems that most here are pushing for the BH90 and for good reasons. I guess Im still on the fence.
There are alot of other good hoes out there and the water really atarts to get murky when you include them in the possibilities. I was actually relieved when I made the decision to stay with Kubota. I was getting a headache thinking and reading about BushHog, Bradco, Woods, LandPride, the list goes on. The reason that I've decided on Kubota has little to do with quality, there are other hoes that I believe are of good quality, it has to do with service and warranty (mostly of my tractor). I wish I could give you some real world experience with these hoes but at the moment Im still looking for the right answer myself. Let me know how your search goes, as Im still trying to decide which hoe is for me.
As for whether you need a 3430 over a 3130. I dont think there is any differnces. Basically the same weight, size and hydraulics. There arent really any differences until you get up to the 4330. My dealer says he suggests the BH90 for the 4330 and bigger based on the increased weight and more GPM. thats just his $.02 for what its worth.

/ Backhoe for a L3130
Ray,

Thanks for your input. Hopefully some owners will chime in with their responses. The price doesn't seem too bad....although still a lot of $$

Jim

/ Backhoe for a L3130 #4  
The Kubota brochures list the BH90 on the Implement Chart for the L3130. That would be good enough for me. (You do have the LA723 Loader?) The backhoe frame attaches to the FEL frame, very stout. I do not think they would list it if there was a power problem. The price in Texas, was about $6,800 last year when I bought mine with the L5030. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Backhoe for a L3130 #5  
JimMorrissey,

Read RayH's thread if you have not already. He asked about the same question and there is some good advice there.

As I think I said in RayH's thread, I have the smaller 3PH backhoe and if I were buying a L3130 or larger tractor, there is no way I would buy anything but the BH90.

Absolutely, positively, without question, no doubt in my mind...the BH90 would be the one.

If it would fit on my b2910, I would I would try to get a fair price for my 4690 and buy a BH90. But it won't... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If one is going to buy a BL4690A backhoe, he might as well just buy a B7800/B2910 to connect it to. That is my (limited) experience speaking...for what it is worth.

No question in this mind...opps, already said that... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Backhoe for a L3130
Henro,

Yeah...I think the 90 is a good choice. I just don't want to end with with an expensive implement that's too big for my machine. I know Kubota says it will fit, but not sure if the 3130 can fully put it to work. My dealer made some vague comment that it's too much BH for the 3130. -Just trying to get some other opinions.

Thanks,

Jim

/ Backhoe for a L3130 #7  
The BH90 it is not to big, its a good match actually. After you get it you'll come back posting your really glad you got the bigger hoe.