Loader Kubota quick attach question

/ Kubota quick attach question #11  
I just bought one. My tractor is in the shop so not installed yet. Looks real simple and yes the regular bucket still works. It appears to move the connection out about 3" so some weight capacity will be lost but not near as much as the SSQA. I am looking forward to making other attachments to use the system.

Ron

T-Seabee, I see you have a BX. So the Kubota QA works with the BX series too, or will you use it on other equipment?
Thanks, Mike

/ Kubota quick attach question #12  
Mine is made for the narrower BX bucket with the one center curl cylinder. It would not work on the B series and above. I only have the BX. I have figured out how to make stuff to attach to the QH for other than the bucket including some 4' forks I made for the 3 PT. Pictures as I go.

Ron

/ Kubota quick attach question
Mine is the LA 504. I don't recall the SSQA part number off hand. It is very likely I will be going up this week to buy the ssqa and a new Kubota bucket to go with it. I'm looking at some lightweight forks from Everything attachments: Small Compact Tractor and Mini Skid Steer Pallet Forks

I'll be selling my pin on bucket when/if I get the ssqa. I'm still deciding on a tooth bar. The dealer is trying to steer me away from one as he's seen at least 7 guys bend their loaders using them. He showed my some pics of a recent one, looked like an expensive mistake...

Tom

I was looking on Craig's List and came across some pallet forks somewhat locally, new for 500 dollars, made by tomahawk. US made.

They're 120 bucks cheaper but are 67 pounds heavier. They use class II forks. The Everything Attachments uses a class I fork. So if I wanted to change forks later, finding used (or new) class I forks looks to be harder than finding class II forks. Not sure I'd want different forks but keeping my options open is appealing.

With the LA 504, is the 67 pounds going to make a big difference? I'd be trading a bit less lifting capacity for less cost and more flexibility.

Tom

/ Kubota quick attach question #15  
They use class II forks. The Everything Attachments uses a class I fork. So if I wanted to change forks later, finding used (or new) class I forks looks to be harder than finding class II forks.

With the LA 504, is the 67 pounds going to make a big difference? I'd be trading a bit less lifting capacity for less cost and more flexibility.

Tom

Ted says in the video that we use the narrow rail(Class 1) for our lightest pallet forks, but that has since changed. We currently use the standard class II forks on ALL of our frames.

With B series, the lighter the better. Weight is critical.
Travis

Hi Travis, thanks for the reply. Am I watching the wrong video? The one on the small compact tractor forks page: Small Compact Tractor and Mini Skid Steer Pallet Forks says this uses the type 1 forks. Am I misunderstanding this? I appreciate the help. The more I think about the weight issue, I also have to remember the ssqa from Kubota adds some wt as well.

Tom

/ Kubota quick attach question #17  
My B3200 has the LA504 FEL. I bought a B1658 pin on QA adapter. I use the bucket and a grapple. It only takes couple of minutes to swap them out and that includes connecting or disconnecting the hoses. If you need a B1658, contact your salesman. The parts dept. doesn't handle accessories.

John
KD4FTA

Attachments

• Adapter1.jpg
    Adapter1.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 342
Hi John,

I almost got that version but decided (at least so far) that I'd prefer to keep my options open in the long run and this version ties me to Kubota attachments. It is lighter and cheaper and I could keep my bucket but I'm not excited about the Kubota forks.

Tom

/ Kubota quick attach question #19  
Hi John,

I almost got that version but decided (at least so far) that I'd prefer to keep my options open in the long run and this version ties me to Kubota attachments. It is lighter and cheaper and I could keep my bucket but I'm not excited about the Kubota forks.

Tom

hbracerx,

That's exactly how I feel. I believe the Kubota forks are only 32" long, and I do not believe they are adjustable for width.

On a related mater:

Does anyone know if there is a Kubuta-brand "Quick Hitch Coupler," as shown by JRL305, above, that fits the LA403 loader? (I checked with the dealer, and not only didn't they show one, they could comment on whether or not the "Quick Hitch Coupler" that fits the LA504 would also fit the LA403).

Thanks much.

/ Kubota quick attach question #20  
I'm still deciding on a tooth bar. The dealer is trying to steer me away from one as he's seen at least 7 guys bend their loaders using them. He showed my some pics of a recent one, looked like an expensive mistake...Tom

I made my own tooth bar using pin on teeth. That made my BX into a digging machine I couldn't believe. Here is a picture of it and using the clamp on forks for handling logs. That one weighed about 300# IMG_0417.jpgIMG_0417.jpg

Ron