BX 2350, turn key, nothing!

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #1  

jensenflagg

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Turn key on no lights, no "click" nothing. Put a tester on the starter and it is getting 12+ volts. what could it be? Checked seat switch, put in neutral, brake on, pto off. thanks for your help.

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #2  
Pull back/wiggle the PTO switch, they get dirty

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #3  
See what the static voltage is across the battery posts. Turn key to crank, see what voltage is now. 12 volts is NOT enough to start your tractor, especially if it drops down when key is turned to crank. Check both battery posts and cable ends at frame on negative, etc. DO NOT jump across starter with a screwdriver or anything else- that's how people get hurt.

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #4  
Obviously troubleshooting with a voltmeter and service manual is needed. But if I had to guess, I would say either main fuse is blown or ground cable connection problem. Start with circuit diagram in one hand, positive lead of voltmeter in the other, and negative lead of voltmeter on negative battery post. Start at positive battery post and work back while applying load to the battery. Turning on the key and the headlights would be sufficient load for some quick measurements.

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #5  
Don't mess with anything until you wiggle the various pedals and levers. Its usually the PTO lever but could be the HST pedal also.

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #6  
Pull back/wiggle the PTO switch, they get dirty

Or get knocked a smidge out of position when you are getting on/off the tractor. Took me an hour to figure it out the first time it happened to me...

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #7  
I took "nothing" means no electrical activity in the tractor.. As in no lights, no sounds, no dash lights.. you know, nothing!:) I don't think wiggling safety switches is going to fix "nothing". Now "nothing" is not very descriptive, if fact it is not descriptive at all, but it is all we have to work with. Darn near nothing.:D

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #8  
Or get knocked a smidge out of position when you are getting on/off the tractor. Took me an hour to figure it out the first time it happened to me...
Good suggestion for my new problem, BX2660.
I stop the MMM yet the engine cuts off when I stand up. Also when turning key the starter won't engage unless I move the PTO lever down and up. I'll look into cleaning or adjusting the switch, any tips on the process?

/ BX 2350, turn key, nothing! #9  
Have you verified all your ground wires are clean and tight? There should be several ground wires on the engine and frame. They vibrate loose over time.