Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #1  

KYKub

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota - BX 1860 and G1900
Cleaning my mower deck (Kubota g1900) is always a pain. Ramps nor jack gets it high enough that I can access the deck so I always end up "scraping blind" in a few spots. Picked up a hoist and it does the trick! My question is, will elevating the front end like this do the tractor any harm? Thanks for sharing your expertise! (If this is okay, my next step will be some safety stands) Jeff

PS Can't figure out how to load the picture in portrait mode. It automatically flips my portrait-oriented picture to landscape. Any help appreciated!

HangingTractor.jpg

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #2  
I wouldn't leave it like that for extended periods of time, but it shouldn't hurt anything. Just curious, why did you put r1 tires on the front of a 2wd tractor?

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE
Thanks, 4570Man. I'll only hoist it to clean the deck. I guess I should let fluids settle before starting it after I drop it back down.

Good eye! I needed new front tires and just happened to catch these on a closeout - $30 for the pair. No reason for R1s, other than they were cheap!

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #4  
I would NEVER go in under that tractor hooked up like that to scrape the deck or anything else. I assume you have people depending on you and you are not thinking of them. Let the deck rust out and get a new one every year, but don't go under that tractor. It would be cheaper than the Dr bills and lost work if it ever breaks. Ed

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #5  
I would NEVER go in under that tractor hooked up like that to scrape the deck or anything else. I assume you have people depending on you and you are not thinking of them. Let the deck rust out and get a new one every year, but don't go under that tractor. It would be cheaper than the Dr bills and lost work if it ever breaks. Ed

One of our TBN member lost his life just depending on chains.

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #6  
One of our TBN member lost his life just depending on chains.

One can never take enough precautions. Sometimes we just think "It'll be fine" and the next thing we know its over. Safety should always be #1 concern. Mike, although I had never met him, seemed like one of those guys with alot of experience and had safety on his mind...the one time he may have thought ..."It'll be fine" was the one time it wasn't.

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #7  
It's a pita pulling the deck off to clean but that's what I would do. Or drive it up on ramps . If something goes wrong with that set up you have, there is only one thing for certain, you are going to be in a bunch of trouble. .02

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #8  
Is it really worth the hassle and risk to clean under the deck? I have a 15 year old B2710 that's never been cleaned.

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #9  
I raise mine up like you show in the pic, but with a floor jack. Its high enough for me to use my high pressure washer but I couldn't squeeze my rotund form under there, even if I wanted to. Best to stay out from under and use the garden hose & nozzle or high pressure washer.

/ Will this harm my tractor? PICTURE #10  
I remove the mower from the tractor and use the FEL to lift the mower so it is sitting vertically. Then I clean it. Never under the tractor or the mower.