Got my new SSQA installed

/ Got my new SSQA installed #1  

houser52

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HD, Kubota L3600
I had been wanting to make the switch to some type of quick attach for my loader for some time. The only problem was that Kubota didn't offer a specific quick attach for my LA680 loader. Then member "ehb86" posted his thread about his experience with the SSQA and his LA681 loader. He had pointed out that with just a slight modification the SSQA that's made for the LA703 loader will work. Everything went well for ehb86 so I went ahead and ordered the LA703 SSQA.

Well, it came in on Tuesday. The first thing I noticed was how well it is made. It uses thicker steel than what I was expecting and everything is heavy duty. I didn't measure the thickness but it's thicker than 1/4". It also had the 1" attachment pins included. Since the pin's ears were a little wider than the ends of my lift arms and bucket cylinders spacers were needed. I was going to cut spacers from some 1" ID tubing but decided to use 1" washers instead. The washers seemed to fill the space much better. Install the pins and washers, that was it. Very easy.

I had already bought a new quick attach bucket but there was a problem. One of the bottom tabs where the locking pins go through was welded out of position and prevented the pins from locking into place. I did get to attach the bucket a few times just to see how the quick attach works and it worked great.
The bucket was returned this morning. I was just going to swap it for another one but the other one had the same problem so the dealer is going to correct the problem for me there in his shop. He hopes to have it repaired and back to me by the first of next week. I still have to cut the brackets off my forks and weld on the quick attach plate before I can use them but I hope to start on that this weekend.

The quick attach should help me make better use of my attachments because I hated swapping pins. When I get everything together the SSQA is going to be nice.

Thanks again to "ehb86" for his research and advice.

/ Got my new SSQA installed #2  
Heavy built is generally good. Unfortunately my Mahindra quick release needed modifications. The guy built even heavier than I would have, good except less lifting capacity left.

/ Got my new SSQA installed #3  
You'll love the SSQA. My dad added it to his L3710 probably 8 years ago. AWESOME addition. My L3940 came with one.

If you're like me, you now want to add a linear actuator so you don't have the AWFUL AGONY of getting OFF the tractor to change attachments.

/ Got my new SSQA installed #4  
Hi, houser. My attachment is on my loader, but I'm still working on modifying my bucket. I have two evenings on it and almost done with fabrication. Going overboard, of course, by reinforcing the top of the bucket and adding bucket hooks and welding the snot out of everything. I'll post pics once I get it painted. I am expecting to love the SSQA.

/ Got my new SSQA installed
Thanks guys. I think it's going to work out well.

Hi, houser. My attachment is on my loader, but I'm still working on modifying my bucket. I have two evenings on it and almost done with fabrication. Going overboard, of course, by reinforcing the top of the bucket and adding bucket hooks and welding the snot out of everything. I'll post pics once I get it painted. I am expecting to love the SSQA.

Hope you get it finished soon. From what I understand, it's a job cutting off those ears. I'll find out on my pallet forks this weekend. It shouldn't be as hard as the bucket since I have just four straight cuts to make with the angle grinder.

I kept my original bucket just in case I want to sell the tractor later on. Too bad my new bucket was not right. Now I have to wait for it to be fixed before I get to use it.

Now I'm trying to figure out what I can make using a blank SSQA plate.

/ Got my new SSQA installed #6  
When you getting your grapple?:D

/ Got my new SSQA installed #7  
Now I'm trying to figure out what I can make using a blank SSQA plate.

Virtually anything. Trailer pullers, boom poles, 3-point adapters, and the list goes on.

/ Got my new SSQA installed #10  
Thanks guys. I think it's going to work out well.

------- From what I understand, it's a job cutting off those ears. I'll find out on my pallet forks this weekend. It shouldn't be as hard as the bucket since I have just four straight cuts to make with the angle grinder. ----------------------
Be sure not to lose any rollback angle when you change to the plate.

You might even want to add a little more. :thumbsup: