Finally, some pics

/ Finally, some pics #1  

narcnh

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7800
Figuring I would never find the reader for the memory card from my digital camera (in a box, somewhere from the move), I was in WallyWorld this evening and broke down and bought one of the new 6-in-1 multireaders. So, here are a couple of pics of my girl, taken last month. First, as she's rigged for moving snow.

Attachments

• 387039-tractor3a.jpg
    387039-tractor3a.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,126
   / Finally, some pics
With the Herd Sand Spreader attached.

Attachments

• 387040-loaded.jpg
    387040-loaded.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 793
   / Finally, some pics
I'm posting a series of pics of the sand spreader over in the Attachments Forum, in case anyone is interested in seeing some closeups of the unit.

/ Finally, some pics #4  
Narcnh,

Nice looking rig! Nice looking place! Sure would like one of those Herd spreaders you have there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe one of these years!

Kevin

/ Finally, some pics #5  
Narcnh,

For snow removal are you just using a FEL and rear blade?

Nice digs by the way!!

Duc

/ Finally, some pics
Thanks. Ayah, I run down the drive with the FEL a few times, then, once everything is piled up down there, move it across the road to dump it, and then clean up the sides with the RB. I also use the RB to pull snow from in front of the garage doors. For that I usually have the blade facing forward. When I do the drive, I reverse the RB and plow in reverse.

But, I am considering a snowblower for next year. I have no trouble moving snow with the setup I have. In fact, I like doing it. The problem is where to put it. At the bottom of the drive I have to move large amounts of snow, basically everything I pushed down with the FEL. This winter has been an easy one. But, in a heavy snow winter I would have a hard time finding enough places to put all that snow. If I got a rearmount blower, I could blast it all into the trees and be done with it. Why a rearmount? Because I am getting a Terrain Contour Control rig and will be able to hydraulically adjust the angle of the blower to preserve the crown of my hardpack while still getting most of the snow from the tread areas. And, I need the FEL to remove snow from around the house. Anyway, don't know if I will or not, but that's the thought of the moment.

/ Finally, some pics #7  
Nice Tractor.

I started out looking at the 7800.. then was looking at the 2910.. then started considering an L3000.. when the 3130 came out I finally bit. But, you know.. for most of what I do the 3130 is more tractor than I need and I am always wondering if I wouldn't have been happier.. or .. should I say.. JUST AS HAPPY with the 7800.

My lawn is so soft from the winter that it will be JUNE before I can use the tractor on it without sinking to China.

PS.. I like you roof.. what is that? And, do you like it?

/ Finally, some pics #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My lawn is so soft from the winter that it will be JUNE before I can use the tractor on it without sinking to China.
)</font>

AHMEN to that. snows every night, just a little, then it melts and then snows again, all it does is add water to the ground. i can't even walk acroos it without tearing it up, but that is normal i guess, just getting anxcious to get out there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Finally, some pics
Jibber, it's a screw down metal roof. Not as nice as the standing seam metal roof I put on on my last house, but this one was put on by the prior owner. It works fine, and the snow slides off of it, so no snow raking. No ice dams either, that's key for me. I hate ice dams.

I hear you about the ground. I still have snow on most of my lawn (and a fresh couple of inches today). Trying to look on the positive side, it means that the season is shorter, and I don't have to mow as much. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's a purdy tractor you have there. I have BH envy.

/ Finally, some pics #10  
I'm interested in a metal roof. My brother told me that a roofer told him that metal roofs had too many problems.. but he failed to come up with any examples. I mean.. what could possibly go wrong with it? I figure he was blowing smoke.. the roofer that is.

My wife likes the look of a metal roof too. I'll be due for a new roof in about five years or sooner.. would like something more durable.. with fewer problems like ice.