What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else?

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #1  

100 td

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B21TLB (B21, TL421, BT751) Toyota SDK4, T116 Bobcat
Hi Folks,
I'm trying to find out what the B21 is the same as, transmission/hydraulics wise particularly. Most tractors come out in various models with the same running gear, what has the same running gear as a B21? I'd love a pdf workshop manual of a B21 or similar tractor so I get some insight on what I need to do to my B21, if anybody has anything?
Thanks
Warren

Last edited:
   / What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #2  
Hi Folks,
I'm trying to find out what the B21 is the same as, transmission/hydraulics wise particularly. Most tractors come out in various models with the same running gear, what has the same running gear as a B21? I'd love a pdf workshop manual of a B21 or similar tractor so I get some insight on what I need to do to my B21, if anybody has anything?
Thanks
Warren

Hi Warren. The B21 was an update of the earlier B20 tlb. Including both the B20 and 21, they were manufactured from 1990 to 2007. I think they shared key components with a range of B series tractors produced over those 17 years. The B20 was initially based on the B1750; by the time the B21 was being replaced, the comparable B model would probably have been a B2410. A Kubota mechanic could probably tell you instantly which components and parts were shared, but from what I've seen, there are many shared components between different Kubota models and many others that are nearly identical. Incidentally, a webstite named "Tractordata,com" is very useful to determine information about various tractors.

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #3  
Hi Folks,
Thanks
Warren
You've got a tractor worth thousands of dollars, can't you spring $100 for the manual? Kubota B21 | Messick's

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #4  
I'd love a pdf workshop manual of a B21 or similar tractor so I get some insight on what I need to do to my B21.

Don't mess with Kubota's engineering, believing you are smarter than Kubota's designers. Sell the 'B', buy an 'L'.

One of the enduring themes on T-B-N is BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR.

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else?
You've got a tractor worth thousands of dollars, can't you spring $100 for the manual? Kubota B21 | Messick's
Messicks won't sell to OZ (there is one paper manual available to me for $210). I haven't been to the dealers here, was hoping to get something in electronic format, I use a manual by printing out a page or two I need, and it gets covered in grease and I throw it. It doesn't cost Kubota anything realistically to supply a manual, they already have it in electronic format as they built/designed the machine and used their drawings for it and wrote it for warranty work. You still buy parts from them. They should be available cheaply. I have found a 2110/2410 on the net, but haven't had time to work out if it's the same transmission or not. I already have the engine manual. But i need a transmission/hydraulic/brakes manual. Things like this are not generally fairly priced in OZ. Like the manuals for my car were $1300, now available on CD (not advertised to customer) $90, in the USA, $10 for 48 hours access to Toyota online manuals, download whatever you want.

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else?
Don't mess with Kubota's engineering, believing you are smarter than Kubota's designers. Sell the 'B', buy an 'L'.
Yes I want to mess with their engineering, I want to repair the brakes and noisy tranny on my B21. I would like a service manual in electronic format cheaply if at all possible.

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #7  
I had a B3300 SU with a tranny that whined loudly.

I had my local dealer special order Kubota's SUPER UDT premium hydraulic fluid and the noise decreased by 50% to a tolerable level.

No idea on brakes.

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #8  
<snip>(there is one paper manual available to me for $210). I haven't been to the dealers here, was hoping to get something in electronic format, I use a manual by printing out a page or two I need, and it gets covered in grease and I throw it.
So buy the manual, read it and scan it in to a PDF. And when you need pages put them into a plastic bag so you don't have to throw them away.
It's also available on ebay with about $30 shipping.

It doesn't cost Kubota anything realistically to supply a manual, they already have it in electronic format as they built/designed the machine and used their drawings for it and wrote it for warranty work. <snip>
As long as it is a copyrighted work it's theirs. I'm sure we would all like free workshop manuals, at least now Kubota allows free parts diagrams online.

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #9  
Ebay has this listing for $99.00 (US):

Kubota B21 B 21 Tractor BT751 Backhoe TL421 Front Loader Repair Shop Manual | eBay

This appears to be a private seller, who shouldn't be under obligation to Kubota to only sell stateside. For the work you're planning, this would be worth the money.

Serendipitously (how's that for a $5 word on Sunday morning?), I noticed this also, which may or may not have some use for your B21 fix up:

Kubota B21 Transmission Case Assembly Kubota Part 32721 11110 | eBay

Good luck with your project.

/ What is the underlying tractor of a B21; a 2110, 7510 or something else? #10  
Ditto with my used B7510, though my dealer recommended it and had the new oil in stock. I think I just got used to the tractor's sound after 350 hours, though.