Outer tail light assembly for B2910

/ Outer tail light assembly for B2910 #1  

QueBota

Gold Member
Tractor
B2910
Branch jumped up and cracked the right rear tail light cover on my B2910. Couldn't do it again if you paid me.

My local dealer doesn't have one and doesn't appear to be capable of ordering one.

I could piece it back together and cover it with the red tail light tape but if price isn't crazy I would just as soon put a new one on. Its the first part of the tractor you see when you walk into the shop. Don't want to look at the broken light for the rest of my days.

Anybody have a good source?

Thanks,
Q

/ Outer tail light assembly for B2910
All my local Kubota dealers are useless, even tried a large, reputable dealer in PA, who I thought could help. You would have thought I wanted a muffler bearing for a 1933 Hoyt Clagwell. I found the lens at a Kubota dealer in Texas based on the recommendation of a friend that moved down that way.

Parts guy looked up the part and had a number in less than a minute, great customer service. He knew what a B7800 and B2910 were :).

Price wasn't too bad, 12.63 for the part, shipping seemed high, 14.00. I ordered two, hopefully that will provide insurance against ever needing the second one. No extra charge for shipping the second one.

Should have taken the day off and enjoyed the Labor Day festivities, decided to work in the morning before it got too hot. Ended up with a cracked lens as a reward, guess it could have been worse, could have slapped me instead.

Going to mount the cracked lens on the wall of the shop with all my other "trophies". I need to start looking at them more often, they are there to serve as a reminder to be careful. Oh well, live and learn. Fortunately no arms or legs mounted up there, yet.... Equipment can be repaired.

Thanks,
Q

/ Outer tail light assembly for B2910 #3  
If it's the same light as my b3200 then you can buy it at tractor supply. I broke mine and bought an el-cheapo round light assembly to try it. Got it home, took out just the lens and snapped it right into place. Keep on tractoring!

B7800/B2910 and probably the the smaller B2710(?) have a long rectangular light with rounded corners, if that makes sense. I looked at the local TSC, they didn't have a lens that fit in the mount. A larger TSC might have a better selection, our local store is one of the smaller TSC's I've been in.

Folks at Schere Kubota in TX were a pleasure to deal with, actual customer service!.

Should be here on Monday, price was in line with what I expected, shipping seemed excessive. I did find another customer service oriented dealer in western PA, where I'm originally from. Their price was a little higher but shipping would have been about 1/2 the price, very nice folks.

Thanks,
Q

/ Outer tail light assembly for B2910 #5  
Next time you need parts, try Messicks in Southern PA. They are sponsors here on TbN, and if you tell them you want cheaper shipping, they can arrange for lower cost USPS delivery.

/ Outer tail light assembly for B2910 #6  
You can try Messicks but they seem like the rest as they don't like to return emails. Bin waiting for a reply from Jeremy since 8-31 about my Kubota parts book that I bought from them an none of the parts numbers work on there site. Kubota decided to change parts numbers so it's kinda pointless to buy a parts manual now.

/ Outer tail light assembly for B2910 #7  
As for Messicks, just phone their parts dept. at one of their locations. I have found them to be real helpful. Probably true of many other dealerships, as well?

Not to speak poorly of anyone, I gave Messick's the first shot. I have bought from them several times before with no issues. The parts person who took my call must have been first day on the job. I gave up after five minutes of trying to explain what I wanted, it was very frustrating, lack of knowledge and poor attitude.

Q