d'oh!

/ d'oh! #1  

mendodave

Tractor
Kubota BX23
I knew it would happen, eventually.

I nailed a pruned rhododendron while going around digging them up with my tooth. just under a half inch hole in the rear tire. Is that too big to plug?

12049406_10205193621984771_8962519198888877113_n.jpg

Fortunately I have a set of spare wheels....:)

MenD'oh Dave

/ d'oh! #3  
Tube it,better to be safer than sorry.

/ d'oh! #5  
Put a patch on first or the tube will try to come out the hole.

/ d'oh! #6  
ditto with needing to place a patch on first on the inside of the tire. a larger patch, maybe even a little thicker might be wanted. and then tube tire.

had a tire dry rot on me. and over a day the tube pushed out or should say ballon'ed out a few feet in diameter and finally popp'ed. the larger patch = help hold the patch in with tube, and thicker patch = help keep something coming through and puncturing tube at later time.

/ d'oh! #8  
ditto with needing to place a patch on first on the inside of the tire. a larger patch, maybe even a little thicker might be wanted. and then tube tire. had a tire dry rot on me. and over a day the tube pushed out or should say ballon'ed out a few feet in diameter and finally popp'ed. the larger patch = help hold the patch in with tube, and thicker patch = help keep something coming through and puncturing tube at later time.

Not poking fun at you Boggen, but darn, just reading about the slow growth of a tire tube to a giant ballon and its sudden demise brought me to tears laughing. I guess I watched too many cartoons as a kid :)

/ d'oh! #9  
You might call a local tire company that does ag tires. They sometimes can do a "vulcanizing" repair, it will be a plug that goes in there. I'd still boot it.

/ d'oh! #10  
Not poking fun at you Boggen, but darn, just reading about the slow growth of a tire tube to a giant ballon and its sudden demise brought me to tears laughing. I guess I watched too many cartoons as a kid :)

*rubs chin* *chuckles* ya you pretty much got it. it went from simple tire to large growth on tire. never would of imagined a tube would do that. but it did. much like some cartoon! *shakes head in dis-belief*