Building a 3rd function kit

/ Building a 3rd function kit #11  
Thanks Tractor Seabee
I also have T and T, I love it.

ForumRunner_20151027_212903.png

/ Building a 3rd function kit
Got the valve mounted and plumbed. Just fired the tractor up and ran it full throttle for about 5 minutes. Backhoe speed seems unaffected and I used a temp gun on the P and T ports of the valve I just added with no noticeable difference. Seems my doubt on what the valve could flow seems to be put to rest. I did manage to burn the switches up in my John deere joystick control the night before just cycling the valve several time. Turns out the valve I have needs 3.5 amps to operate and the John deere joystick is only good for 0.1 amps. I just ordered the two push button switches to solder into the circuit board for $14 instead of buying the whole $54 wire harness and switches. The general relays I have laying around pull 0.135 amps and higher to activate them so I had to order some micro relays. It's been a learning experience but it's coming along.

/ Building a 3rd function kit #13  
I am thinking of a small chain saw FEL mounted for limbing. Needed to position the saw and run the HY motor.

Ron

Make sure your kit is rated for continuous flow rather than just intermittent flow. I was surprised to find that my (WRLong) kit wasn't.

I wonder why it's not rated for continuous flow. Solinoid just get hot and not able to handle holding the valve open?

The valve I ended up using is rated for continuous use. I would have never thought to look at that.