3-Point Hitch BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose #1  

x703jko

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24TLB
The rod that the check chain plate on my 3-point attaches to has a tendency to work its way loose from the slot that it sits in in the subframe. When the load that I am hauling with the hitch makes a particular angle, the rod will move into just the right position that it will slip left or right into the left or right hole that is above the slot that it sits in. At that point the rod will move left or right and pop out of the slot.

It's almost looks like the holes need to be covered up with a plate after the check chain plate installed, but as far as I know there holes are left open the way they are.

Can some other BX24 owner/expert help?

Thanks!

Jeff

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose #2  
Wire or cable tie the chain into the slot?

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose #3  
Trying to picture what you describe happening on my BX24... you do have the sliding bushings with flat spots on the rod on either side of the chain plate? [edit] That was a little unclear - bushings are on both ends of the rod outside the arms. [/edit] And the pin in the plate?

Z.

Last edited:
   / BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose #4  
If the end lugs (spacers with the flat spot) are present, then perhaps you don't have enough tension on the adjustable rods, allowing the plate to lift up, and one lug slides underneath the plate?

I stopped using the OEM adjusters, because they bent, and got loose. I bought solid turnbuckles from TSC. They work well.

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose
Trying to picture what you describe happening on my BX24... you do have the sliding bushings with flat spots on the rod on either side of the chain plate? And the pin in the plate?

Z.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I have the pin that secures chain plate to the rod link. But I don't have the bushings. I don't think I had bushings when I bought the tractor years ago! (Purchased new).

Of course the BX24 manual doesn't say anything about the rod linkage nor does it call out the bushings.

Plan you post a pic? Or do you have the part number for the bushing?

Thanks!

Jeff

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose #6  
I'm amazed that you can use it at all without the bushings. Can't seem to find a good image online. Let me go pull mine apart and take a pic or two...

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose #8  
OK, here's the best I can do in a hurry. Sorry - didn't have time to wash the tractor first...
DSC01911.jpgDSC01909_with_arrow.jpg

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose
OK, here's the best I can do in a hurry. Sorry - didn't have time to wash the tractor first...
View attachment 445916View attachment 445915

Thanks for the pic. I definitely do NOT have the bushings, and I see now why I am having the problem. When I purchased the BX24 (purchased new from OEM dealer), the 3-point hitch kit definitely did NOT have the bushings. If they did, and I didn't understand how they were used, I would have asked.

At any rate, does anyone have any idea where I can buy replacement parts?

Thanks!

Jeff

/ BX24 3-Point Hitch Keeps Coming Loose #10  
Called a local dealer. He says you need two of K2581-38160. The Google turns up several sources. You might try Messick's. They have a sticky at the top of the forum. Their search says they have stock.

Please do verify that this is the right part number. I'm working by remote control here ;)

How about a visit to the original dealer. Maybe with a baseball bat...

Z.