Broke the plastic over my headlights

/ Broke the plastic over my headlights #1  

Kenneth in Texas

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4wd, FEL
:mad::mad: Really p'd me off but a small limb came out of the brush pile past my FEL and broke thru the plastic that covers my headlights on my '08 L2800, now i have a significant size hole in front of my left side headlight. Havent looked online about it yet but im betting that isnt just a replaceable plastic cover but a whole headlight assembly? Anyone done this that knows what I now need to replace it back to normal?

/ Broke the plastic over my headlights #2  
Looks like it will be the whole assembly!

Screen Shot 11-11-15.JPG

/ Broke the plastic over my headlights #5  
$150 is cheap. my B29 assembly costs $230

/ Broke the plastic over my headlights
$150 is cheap. my B29 assembly costs $230
was it an i stock item or did you have to wait?

Mine is showing to be $143 and change on several dealer sites. OR $111 on ebay shipped from hong kong :thumbdown: that claims almost a month delivery time.

/ Broke the plastic over my headlights #7  
I hit the brakes one time and my Chow-mix dog fell into my Toyota pick up cup holder and broke it. That was $70 over 12 years ago.

Attachments

• Black Chow EM.JPG
    Black Chow EM.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 318
   / Broke the plastic over my headlights #8  
Not a clean replacement, but I had a half dollar sized hole in a L3130 headlight, which I "fixed" by buying a crystal clear sheet of thin Lexan at HD, cut to cover, and silicone adhered, which at least sealed the assembly, and didn't seem to affect the lighting (which is crappy, anyway). You couldn't really see it without looking carefully. Under $10.

/ Broke the plastic over my headlights
Not a clean replacement, but I had a half dollar sized hole in a L3130 headlight, which I "fixed" by buying a crystal clear sheet of thin Lexan at HD, cut to cover, and silicone adhered, which at least sealed the assembly, and didn't seem to affect the lighting (which is crappy, anyway). You couldn't really see it without looking carefully. Under $10.
I just did this very thing, had some 1/8" clear lexan in the shop so i took a dremel tool and cleaned up my break, traced the outline of the break on some paper, then cut it out of the lexan, pretty tight fit and sealed it with clear silicone, stand back 5 feet and u can hardly see it was ever broke. Will stay this way since I hardly ever use the headlights anyway and as was already mentioned they are not that good anyway with a FEL on.

/ Broke the plastic over my headlights #10  
That happened to me too. It cost almost $300 and then of course materials to make my upgraded brush guard.