L4240 new 3rd function kit

/ L4240 new 3rd function kit #1  

bullockcm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC, JD 2210
Just got my tractor back from having the 3rd function and 3rd remote installed. So time to buy a grapple!

However it is almost winter and I have a l2180 subframe and front snow plow that I would like to mount. Has anyone ever mounted the subframe with the factory 3rd function kit installed? There appears to be a hydraulic line for the 3rd function that might interfere with the subframe.

Probably a rare combo so I will have to end up test fitting it but maybe someone else has already been down this road.

/ L4240 new 3rd function kit #2  
I would think the factory third function would fit with the sub-frame.I have a sub-frame/third function on my L3130;my L4240 has a FEL mounted plow and third function.Ask the service department at your dealer.

/ L4240 new 3rd function kit
It does indeed fit, been working on fitting the subframe up to my tractor today since I bought it used and it was setup for a different model. Almost got it all fitted so in the future is should go pretty quickly to swap from the loader to the subframe/plow.

I was just wondering about the compatibility between the 2 since it seems like the subframe predates the 3rd function kit by a few years.

Dealer service department is a bit laughable based on recent experiences...

/ L4240 new 3rd function kit #4  
What did the 3rd fx end up costing to get done? I have the same tractor and would like to add that option for a grapple. Thx