Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200

/ Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200 #1  

sebes

Tractor
kubota b9200
I'm having trouble figuring out the threads where the Loader mounts to the frame it looks as though it's a 12 millimeter bolt very fine threads but all the 12 millimeter bolts that I have tried will not thread into the frame does anybody know or have any idea what these threads might be thanks in advance

/ Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200 #2  
M12 x 1.25 is a fairly common metric thread... 1.0 would be the finest, 1.5 standard "coarse" I think. Buy one of each, and take back whatever you can't use? Get a metric thread gauge??

/ Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200 #3  
I have a b9200 and it came with a Kubota loader---the model of the loader is BF350. The parts blow up for the BF350 should show the bolt and maybe a dealer will look it up. I would think the bolts would be on the loader parts list and not the tractor parts list. You should go for a hardened bolt like a grade 8 since you dont want the loader to end up in your lap when the bolts sheer. Once you know the bolt size you will find all sorts of diameters, strengths and lengths on the McMaster Carr website.

/ Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200 #4  
IMHO most tractor threads would be metric but the accessories (made in USA) would be imperial (SAE).

Therein lies the B---h of being a tractor owner. You need a set of both metric and SAE sockets and spanners.
Added to that is the fact that a good % of tractor hardware then wants you to also own a 3/4" drive socket set.
1/2" and 3/8" socket set is generally quite affordable but when it comes to 3/4" drive, get a bank loan.

/ Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200 #5  
Follow the Messicks links and ask them for the parts diagrams for your tractor. Their PDF files list all the bolts etc, that make up your tractor. They are very nice to deal with.

/ Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200
thanks for the advise. they were 12mm 1.25 pitch. I was about to drill and tap them 1/2" and decided what would it hurt to run the 12mm bolts in. I think there was a lot of paint in the threads andwhen they wouldn't turn in by hand I assumed they were not the right pitch. with a little help from the ratchet they went right in.

/ Installing a montana loader on a 1989 b9200 #7  
Thread taps are a wonderful investment if you start to use any holes on farm machinery that is clogged with paint or dirt. Just the single middle tap will make a world of difference in how it assembles.