FEL Bucket Hooks

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #1  

Anonymous Poster

Can anyone lend me some assistance in finding a source for some good quality chain hooks that can be welded to a FEL bucket?

Thank you,

Frank

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #2  
www.labonville has weld on hooks that are good

18-30445-von.gif

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #3  
frank new holland has a heavy dudy hook (slip and grag combined) part# 7701066 list price $16.28 any new holland dealer can get them good luck
gary

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #4  
Von it's also got the square chain. Great stuff for pulling logs with no slippage. In thier new catalog they also have a new grabber chain, that they claim even works better.

Oh yea if you don't have one of their catalogs request one great stuff for logging. http://www.labonville.com/

Gordon

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #5  
Is there such a thing as bolt on hooks? I don't have access to a welder, and I'm hoping that bolt on hooks might work as well.

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #6  
Frank,
This might be an over kill,but loggers know there chains & hooks and thats what I buy..for who else better to put these items thru a test.
If you have a heavy equipment store near you pay them a visit.

Before you weld your hooks on are you planing to install extra piece of steel for support for the top of the bucket.

If you ever plan on useing a strap instead of a chain,you may want to consider a heavy duty "O" ring 3/8 + sure comes in handy.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #7  
Instead of weld on hooks, I used a regular clevis style hook, but used a bolt in place of the clevis pin. I used a smaller, grade 3 bolt as kind of a safety valve so the bolt will shear before anything expensive gives out. Thus far I have yet to shear a bolt and have used it extensively. Probably the heaviest thing was a ford 460 engine, with heads and manifolds.Glad I had the counterweight on the 3pt!

/ FEL Bucket Hooks
<font color=blue>a smaller, grade 3 bolt as kind of a safety valve so the bolt will shear before anything expensive gives out.</font color=blue>

No offense intended... but I think you may have created a major safety issue here. Remember it will be as strong as the weakest link.

I'd rather not be able to lift something or even bend the bucket versus having that poor engine or anything else fall on somebody's head because of an "unsafe" safety valve?

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ FEL Bucket Hooks
Thanks to all for all the great information. In response to the questions;

My FEL is a Great Bend 260, with their heavy-duty bucket. The bucket is constructed of 3/16" steel, with a 3" tubular stiffener along the upper lip. Although it's probably heavy enough to handle the hooks, I plan on welding a heavy angle along the tube.

Thanks again,

Frank

/ FEL Bucket Hooks #10  
Yeah John, I thought about that. You won't see me working on or around (or under) anything with my setup. Just useful for moving stuff around. I have a standard engine hoist for situations where fingers and toes are involved! I've seen enough "accidents" first hand to make me appriciate safety in several areas, of which overhead lifting of heavy objects is defiantely one!