What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22??

/ What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22?? #1  

Nilesw

Bronze Member
I bought the used BX22 that was on the classifieds. I got it home and now I need to do the 100 hr service. I know the 50 service was done correctly including the hydro change. What all does the 100 hr entail?? Will it be something that I can tackle myself?? This is my first tractor so I am a newbie. Any tips??

Thanks
Niles

/ What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22?? #2  
Per Kubota Manual:

Change Engine Oil
Check Engine Start System
Grease applicable points
Check Wheel bolt torque
check battery condition
clean air cleaner element
check fuel filter element
adjust fan belt
adjust HST neutral spring
adjust brake
check fuel line

Now personaly I wouldn't change the engine oil without changing the filter, but they don't require filter change until 200 hrs.

Note this is only for the tractor, not mower or any other attachment which have their own maint schedules.

I have attached my spreadsheet that hangs on my garage wall for your convenience as well.

Hope this helps and good luck with your new toy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 393053-Maint sched (450 x 600).jpg
    393053-Maint sched (450 x 600).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 219
   / What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22?? #3  
Wow what an adventure, I spent 20 minutes trying to convert this excel file into something I could post. Don't have Adobe so PDF was out. Finally used Power point to make a Jpeg. Can't read it that well, but if you would like send me a Private message and I will email you the excel file or a version in word.

/ What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22?? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any tips??
)</font>

Have your dealer order an owners manual for the machine ! Then read the whole thing.

/ What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22?? #5  
Try going to the Kubota site and go to the support section....there is a generic service schedule for the tractors.

/ What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22??
How hard is it to change the engine oil and the filter on a bx22?? I am pretty mechanically inclined and I do have the shop manual for the tractor. Is it difficult?? Are there any tricks that I need to know??

Thanks
Niles

/ What goes into the 100hr service on my BX22?? #8  
Two Words: E. Z.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A strap wrench really helps with the filter. Refill should take about 3.5 quarts, not the 2.7 quarts listed in the manul, so don't leave the store with only three quarts in your hand!

I don't recall the size of the drain plug right now. Maybe 19mm (3/4 inch)??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I remember the HST drain plug is 17mm, but that's a different subject...