homemade bx25 cab

/ homemade bx25 cab #11  
That's one fine looking unit, just add heat.

/ homemade bx25 cab
I have installed amber flashers, working on flood lights, bought a new front mount blower for it, have a 12v fan to keep the windshield clear. No plans for mirrors, yet. If heat is needed, I plan on rigging up a heater core/fan system. Limited space in cab though.
No snow to blow here yet, I remember 300+ inch years here. Now we average approx 200".

/ homemade bx25 cab #14  
Nice job. I built one a couple years ago. Very similar.

Attachments

• 20140211_104913_zps2yvfpqub.jpg
    20140211_104913_zps2yvfpqub.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 373
   / homemade bx25 cab
Yes, very similar GP. I used .220 thick plexi. I considered sloping my windshield back a couple degrees, but thought that snow might stick to it. It was easier to design and mount the door with a vertical forward post anyway. Form follows function. Does yours fog up at all? Do you have heat?

/ homemade bx25 cab #16  
Yes, very similar GP. I used .220 thick plexi. I considered sloping my windshield back a couple degrees, but thought that snow might stick to it. It was easier to design and mount the door with a vertical forward post anyway. Form follows function. Does yours fog up at all? Do you have heat?

I have not installed the heater yet. So far it hasn't fogged up but it is loud inside. I need to do some work on quieting it down.

But frankly not too motivated because soninlaw who lives in the duplex bought a a 40 HP LS with a cab and he's been doing the plowing. Now I'm spoiled.

I did however build him a SSQA mount for a truck plow
for his LS.

/ homemade bx25 cab #17  
By the way, I agree form follows function. I called mine a pope mobile. Simpler to build as a box.

/ homemade bx25 cab #18  
"I have not installed the heater yet. So far it hasn't fogged up but it is loud inside. I need to do some work on quieting it down."

If you can, add some sort of quilting to the inside of the roof. Don't laugh, but carpeting will do a great job, even the skimpiest available.

/ homemade bx25 cab #19  
I have installed amber flashers, working on flood lights, bought a new front mount blower for it, have a 12v fan to keep the windshield clear. No plans for mirrors, yet. If heat is needed, I plan on rigging up a heater core/fan system. Limited space in cab though. No snow to blow here yet, I remember 300+ inch years here. Now we average approx 200".

Nice
Do not know if the BX25 draws air in via the vent at your feet, my BX2200 did. It resulted in a cold air coming into the cab, you will need the heat. I covered the vent with plastic to reduce the air flow, which helped, but the heater made the inside nice. The core heater is the way to go, tried an electric heater and was a waste of time. Do you plan to take the cab off during summer operation? I did and had a jig made up to lift the cab off with a overhead cable hoist, I was able to pull it off by myself. Hearing protection is a must when operating the machine.

Enjoy

/ homemade bx25 cab
I do notice cool air being drawn into the cab thru the fender cut-outs for the controls. I made the roof removable, it is held on with only 4 bolts. I used my engine hoist to set the cab frame on. It is loud inside when running at high rpms. I might try some 1" blue styrofoam on ceiling to absorb some of the noise. I always wear hearing protection when operating. I'm going deaf anyway. Bummer.