BX25, snowblowing with BH on.

/ BX25, snowblowing with BH on. #1  

bxbuggy

Tractor
bx25
I just mounted my BX5450 blower on my BX25 with my BH still on. Just wondering if anybody leaves theirs on also. It seems a bit tail heavy, not bad. My thought was to leave it on for better traction for rear tires. I do not have a ballast box, but can make one. No chains yet either, but will chain all four if I think I need them. I have a slight hill at home I will need to clear, along with my driveway. My 1/4 mile cabin road has a small uphill grade to it also. Both are gravel, camp road has more mud of course!:)

/ BX25, snowblowing with BH on. #2  
I think it's good that you have the hoe on. If you get stuck, you might be able to work the boom to get out. Worse case, you can use the stabilizers to raise the rear wheels and put chains on.

/ BX25, snowblowing with BH on. #3  
FWIW, try moving the bucket far right or far left. I do this to my BX24 & it takes some of the tail heavy away.

/ BX25, snowblowing with BH on. #4  
I think you will find the front end light enough that steering will be a challenge. At least that is what I found with a 400 lb. ballast box on my BX25 which, of course, weighs less than the hoe. I now blow with nothing on the back and have no trouble steering or going forward. I do use rear chains although it does pretty well without them using turf treads.

Last edited:
   / BX25, snowblowing with BH on. #5  
FWIW, try moving the bucket far right or far left. I do this to my BX24 & it takes some of the tail heavy away.

If you do this, make sure the boom is swung to the uphill side if on any sideslope.

/ BX25, snowblowing with BH on. #6  
Although the BH will provide counterweight to your front mounted snowblower, a BH is awfully cumbersome, especially when maneuvering around buildings, landscape, etc. I think it would be more sensible to mount a carry-all to your 3PH and load it up with some concrete blocks or other weight. Just my $0.02.

/ BX25, snowblowing with BH on. #7  
I found that when I had my 2620 the bh added too much weight and made steering a "fun" thing. Remember, when using a snow blower you are floating the blower so there is no real offset weight to the bh. Gives great rear traction but lacks front control. Strongly suggest removing bh.....just my $.01.