L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!!

/ L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!! #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
So I thought I would share some info that may be helpful to others cause that's what we do here :thumbsup: Bought my L3901 in in the spring and have been very impressed with it. The only thing that I found troublesome was that it felt "tippy" :eek:on slopes whereas my older L2250 never really did. When I bought the tractor, I had them put R1's on it pre-delivery. Long story short, a call to the dealer (who I like very much) a month or two after delivery to inquire about the tire width adjustment which resulted in misinformation that you cannot adjust the rear wheels on the newer models and spacers were my only option.:(

Got a bunch of great info here on spacers and was prepared to pull the trigger next spring and drop $300 plus. Then, due to a member here letting me know that my dealer was incorrect and that the R1 rims are in fact adjustable; I went ahead and adjusted the tires myself and saved a chunk of money. I needed another set of hands because the tires are loaded, but it was a piece of cake. I have now gained an additional 7 inches of width and the stability increase is already noticeable just driving down the driveway. True test will be in the spring when brush hogging.

I tried attaching some before and after pics, but for some reason I have been unable to attach any pics here for awhile.

/ L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!! #2  
Pictures as soon as you can!

/ L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!! #3  
Good deal! That's pretty weird that a dealer didn't know you can adjust the width on R1 wheels. It's shown in your operators manual as well. Glad things worked out in your favor.

/ L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!!
Good deal! That's pretty weird that a dealer didn't know you can adjust the width on R1 wheels. It's shown in your operators manual as well. Glad things worked out in your favor.

My sense was that they don't sell too many with R1's in that area. He's a good guy, so I called as a courtesy to let him know. That way he can tell any other prospective buyers and they can be adjusted pre-delivery. The manual has limited information (essentially a cross section picture of three settings), but it does not explain "how" to do it. Thankfully, some limited aptitude on my part and info from folks here made it all possible!

/ L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!! #5  
I think the rims used for R1 tires on Kubotas almost always can be flipped. Not so for the rims on industrial and turf tires though.

/ L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!! #6  
...Not so for the rims on industrial and turf tires though.
R4 tires on the Grand L's can be flipped around for wider stance but our "economy" L's can not... ..no idea about turfs.

/ L3901 Rear Wheel Adjustment-No Spacers Needed!!
For whatever reason, I cannot attach pictures and always could before. Anyone have some guidance here? It appears to download my JPG file when I select the picture, but it does not show up in the post.