Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #1  

jasonf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
I have a Kubota front mounted snowblower attachment that has hand crank chute rotation. I want to make it hydraulic, but Kubota wants $595 for the hydraulic kit. This is way too expensive. I want to either buy another manufacturer's kit or make one myself. Does anyone know of a supplier of hydraulic motors or anybody who makes generic rotation kits ?I can't see paying $600 for something I could make myself for less than half that cost !!!!!

P.S. The tractor is a Kubota 2710 and the front mounted blower is a Kubota 2772 63".

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jasonf on 03/12/01 01:29 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #2  
What model tractor do you have also snowblower.
Have you check out northerntool.com and maybe grainger.com could help you.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #3  
Jasonf
Northerntool.com has several models of hydraulic motors. I'm sure there are other suppliers of motors also.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #4  
I think hydraulic motors are pretty expensive ($200-$400) range. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time you get the motor, figure a way to mount it, and get all the hydraulic fittings, hoses, and disconnects if you don't end up spending close to the $600 anyway.

Let us know what you find. Others have expressed interest in doing similar modifications.

Peter

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #5  
I've seen where a small cylinder was used to push-pull a cable that is wrapped around the chute. Would also need a small center off control valve.

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #6  
What if you rigged up a starter motor from a small Briggs & Stratton lawn tractor?

Peter

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #7  
Jason I added a 12 gear reduction motor to my blower to control the chute, it works well and and was cheap. I've used it for 2 years with no problems. My blower uses the old cable round the chute for turning and the motor turns the rod the cable is wrapped around. the motor is wired to a switch on the fender that allows me to change the direction. toyz4roy@hotmail for more info.

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #8  
rbrooks,

That sounds like a nice setup. Can you tell us what model motor your using and maybe show us a photo?

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation #9  
They also make a electric chute rotator. It's about $200 less I think. E-mail Carver Equipment and check out their price.

Jim

/ Snowblower - Hydraulic Chute Rotation
Thanks for the info. Sounds cool, any chance of a photo ?