Kubota L3540 rear snowblower question?

/ Kubota L3540 rear snowblower question? #21  
I have the same setup as jwr.

My B2150 with the 5' rear blower handles the snow easily.

The one and only problem I had was the snow being so wet, it kept blocking the discharge chute and I had to keep stopping to clear it out.

But that has only happened one time.

BTW.... I have Turf tires and traction has never been an issue for me.

/ Kubota L3540 rear snowblower question? #22  
I have the same setup as jwr.

My B2150 with the 5' rear blower handles the snow easily.

The one and only problem I had was the snow being so wet, it kept blocking the discharge chute and I had to keep stopping to clear it out.

But that has only happened one time.

BTW.... I have Turf tires and traction has never been an issue for me.

Just got home from using the B2150 for moving 14" of snow from parking areas and circular driveway in the mountains. Not deep enough (or I was in too big a hurry) to put on the blower. I just used the front end loader and it worked fine. This is the first time I used it since swapping the ag tires on and they are a HUGE help. Almost no spinning & drastically better traction in snow than the fat turf tires I moved to my other B2150. My blower is a an Agri-Pro 5' and I've never clogged the chute in all the years I've had it (More than 15 years.) That might be because I don't often see wet snow to remove. The heavy crusted stuff that started out 20" or more deep and then packed down seems worst-case.

/ Kubota L3540 rear snowblower question? #23  
I think Fred enjoys pulling our collective legs a little too much.

Yes. I think he loves his L3940 and did a great job adding a turbo on his own. Not many could do that, yet the Fred did.

/ Kubota L3540 rear snowblower question? #24  
Just got home from using the B2150 for moving 14" of snow from parking areas and circular driveway in the mountains. Not deep enough (or I was in too big a hurry) to put on the blower. I just used the front end loader and it worked fine. This is the first time I used it since swapping the ag tires on and they are a HUGE help. Almost no spinning & drastically better traction in snow than the fat turf tires I moved to my other B2150. My blower is a an Agri-Pro 5' and I've never clogged the chute in all the years I've had it (More than 15 years.) That might be because I don't often see wet snow to remove. The heavy crusted stuff that started out 20" or more deep and then packed down seems worst-case.

A trick that has been mentioned to stop snow from clogging the chute is to spray it with PAM or WD40 before you start throwing snow.

I've never done that, but it makes sense to make the chute as slick as possible.

/ Kubota L3540 rear snowblower question? #25  
I like backing into a pile of wet snow wide open and blow the whole mess over the top of my cab at least 300 feet, all while watching Green Acres reruns on my windshield mounted DVR.

Now THAT'd be pulling your leg!

bite-me-520x518.jpg

I have found that snowblowing a pile of snow requires good power to get it done in a timely manner.

Regards, Fred

/ Kubota L3540 rear snowblower question? #26  
No, not kidding.
I have no issues blowing snow with my L3540. It's also used in a place that get's dumped on with lake effect snow, Tug-Hill, NY. Granted I don't back into at 10MPH, but why would I?

You have to be kidding.

My L3940 with a rear mounted 75 inch MK Martin Meteor is an absolute dog even after the turbo install, before the turbo if I backed into a snowpile I could easily kill the engine. Yes I want the snow gone like right now!

Impatient Fred