BX2200 Sounds

/ BX2200 Sounds #1  

Stush

Have any of you BX2200 owners observed sounds that might be out of the ordinary? Specifically, when turning the engine off, the engine hood and cover rattle quite virgorously. I've checked the bolts and nuts, all seems in order. When operating the tractor at normal RPM, there isn't any noticable vibration, only when turning it off.

The other "sound" that catches my attention is the gear whining in the transmission. All fluids check out okay, and there's no sign of binding or abnormal wear. Admittedly, this is my first tractor, and there's only 15 hours logged on it, so I'm not sure if these are normal sounds, or if I should be concerned. I've been around and driven much larger high lifts (JD450), but it's like comparing a grape to a watermellon.

Any feedback on the experiences from this vast audience would be appreciated.

/ BX2200 Sounds #2  
Stush, I also have a new BX2200. I have 18 hours on the machine and so far it has been a good machine. However, with every piece of equipment there seems to be some perculiar noises and shakes to that machine. I have not noticed any funny noises in the engine or hood as you have mentioned. However, I have definitely noticed that noise in the transmission which I believe is a normal characteristic to the BX. I have noticed a noise in my machine relevant to the front axle. If I have the 4FWD engaged and make a sharp turn it appears to make a funny grinding sound. I don't know if this is normal or not, but is does sound funny.

/ BX2200 Sounds #3  
Stush, I've only read about and looked at one BX2200, but I can tell you that my previous B7100 and my current B2710 have more transmission whine/gear growl than I would prefer, so I'm just guessing that yours is very likely normal in that regard.

Bird

/ BX2200 Sounds #4  
I had a Deere GT 235 for about 11 months and traded it off for a BX2200. I too have been confronted with the gear whine and the shaking at shut down. Also appears to be a small leak in the tubes located under the seat, per spots on the cement floor. Otherwise I am happy with it. Have about 6 hours of loader use and 1 hour of grading. Have not tried the mulching deck yet.

/ BX2200 Sounds #5  
There should be a link from this forum to just a static page of posts about each tractor model.

I think I asked this exact question 2 months ago. That rattle and shake when you turn it off is scary if you don't think it's normal! You wouldn't want to have a cup of coffee sitting on the hood when you shut it off! I also have what I thought was weird noises under certain times when using the 3pt. It's nice that there's a network of us to bounce ideas off of. I'll bet one of these days we'll be able to post audio files on this website for everyone to listen to and comment on!

del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

/ BX2200 Sounds #6  
Jon, I thought I'd bring this up since the BX popped up again. I can't remember if you posted in the discussion awhile ago about the 3pt linkage. I still find the rear links too g^*(&^*^ da)(&(&*ed tight to get the implements changed without a huge hassle. It seems like the lower links are not long or enough or bent right to make this easy as there is a lot of room left and only a couple of inches would make a HUGE difference. Even with pulling off the chain adjusters it is no where near as easy as changing implements on my Ford. I'm halfway tempted to put the lower links that came with my L35 on it to see if it helps. The whole purpose of the 3pt linkage, (I THOUGHT!) was to make changing things easy. Pull the pins, pull the links off and you are done. With a light implement it's no big deal, with the box scraper I can see a couple of possiblities, one park the scraper on some pieces of pvc to be able to move it or hold it up with the backhoe. DUH... /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif Choice 3, the big hammer. Previous posts mentioned switching the pins inward or outward, this is not possible with some implements. The LEAST Kubota could do is sell these things with TWO adjustable lift bars instead of one. When I get an implement on sometimes I notice that the links are crabbed completely over so it looks like the ball and sockets are at the end of their side travel which can't possibly be a good design. Or am I missing something? When I just backed up to an implement with my Ford and calmly quietly connected the 3 links, adjusted the chains, lifted and drove away was I experiencing something unusual? I sure miss that simplicity! Maybe after awhile after the linkage has been an distorted from operating at it's maximum width it will go on easier! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

del

[email]oldcarparts@mygarage.com [/email]

/ BX2200 Sounds #7  
I have a BX2200 with almost 20 hours on it. So far the only odd noise I seem to have is the from drive shaft between the engine and trans rattling when the engine is just off idle and the tractor is stationary. usually does it when I'm hooking up the three point to something. I've mentioned it to my dealer and am waiting to hear back on it. As far as the transmission there is a slight gear whine in high range but this is pretty normal, no noise from the front axle. My hood does shake pretty hard when shutting down the engine however I find that by holding a bit of pressure on the side of my hood with my hand seems to eliminate this. It might just need and extra rubber cushion or two to hold the hood a little tighter side to side.

/ BX2200 Sounds #8  
Del, I have not tried my 3 pt on the BX as of yet. However, I have a new box blade on order and hope to be using it very shortly. I'll let you know my experiences. i hope they are better than yours.

/ BX2200 Sounds #9  
Mine also has both the shakes and the gear whine. I was never concerned with either one (on a luxury car yes - on a tractor, no).

/ BX2200 Sounds
Having read all replies posted so far to my original "BX2200 Sounds" posting, it seems to me that while some sounds are to be expected, excess vibration should not be. I'd bet that Kubota will address the engine cover shakes and the tight 3-point hitch in the near future. The BX model certainly is built with much of its bigger brothers history in mind, but the BX's smaller frame appears to be interjecting some new nuisances of its own.

Hey, Kubota, got your ears on? How about it? Care to remedy these nuisances?