Hitting all the common BX problems

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #1  

upgw

Gold Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota BX2200, 2011 Hustler Super Z 31 Kawi
Moving chips, got a strange sound from under the hood, yup, the braket strap for the air cleaner is broken. Dealer says it's a 'kit' not just a new strap. They are coming to get it, and I've also asked them to work on the partially frozen HST pedal.

I see the common problems as:
1) Fuel tank leak (fixed that)
2) Hood rattle (alright, minor)
3) HST pedal sticking (not at the shaft, that's free)
4) Steering loss due to internal leakage
5) Broken air cleaner strap

Have not seen #4 yet.

- Patrick

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #2  
Fuel level gage reads eratic...I think that is another one...

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #3  
Two more: 1) PTO clutch engages very abruptly 2) My throttle won't stay set at the high end, it just slips back down into mid-range. Anyone else had problems with that one?

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #4  
hst pedal is in the cradle bearings in the tractor.......dont ask me where they just are. that is what the dealer had to change to fix mine. he had to get in touch with Kubota on it before they "realized" what it was

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #5  
Tom-H,
There's a lock nut under the dash that you can tighten for the throttle lever. Ever tried that? My throttle was a little too loose for my liking and I just adjusted the nut a couple of times until the 'feel' of the lever was just tight enough to prevent slipping, but loose enough so that I could easily make fine adjustments on the engine speed.
roger

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #6  
My additions to list:
1) had to replace all hydraulic hoses over a ~6 month period due to pin-hole leaks developing. I'm convinced it was a defective Lot of hose. Most leaks were in protected areas with NO visible physical damage. I'm guessing there was a rash of problems with these hoses because a couple of them were back-ordered at Kubota and it took 3 weeks to get them in.
2) Sometimes the hydro tranny will not spin the wheels (like when trying to pull a stump or other immovable object). Yes, I know about the effect of pushing the pedal all the way down.
There are several posts on this issue with several folks complaining of the same problem. Not a real big issue for me, so I have never done anything about it.
3) Temp. gage showing 3/4 scale hot when mowing. Several posts on this one. At the advice of my dealer, I removed the thermostat last summer and ran without it. No temp. change. I recently ordered a new temp. gage and sender 'cause I'm convinced the engine is not really running hot. Unfortunately, life keeps getting in the way and have not had time to install it.
roger

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #7  
Tell me more about the fuel leak....I have one too but only with a full tank and bouncing the tractor a lot...is it the tank or a hose clamp?

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #8  
I believe that they have a problem with the sending unit leaking. I'm putting mine in the shop in a couple weeks. I was told this would be covered under warranty.

Dave

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #9  
I just recently developed a fuel leak too...but I quickly found the source. There's a fuel hose that wraps around the back of the tank and enters the tank just under the fill nozzle...must be a fuel return from the pump or something like that. Anyway, it was in an area where it experienced some rubbing and has developed a pinhole leak. Leak is more pronounced when the tank is full. I guess I'll just stop at the auto parts store and get a new length of hose whenever I get 'rountoit.
r

/ Hitting all the common BX problems #10  
mine seems to be driping on the back side of the left rear tire