BX1800 on a steep hill

/ BX1800 on a steep hill #1  

Monte

Tractor
Kubota BX1800
It was finally warm enough to brush hog our new pasture. We moved in early December and I have been hoping the BX1800 would be able to handle the 48" bush something(Woods brand) on the 30-45 degree portions on the hill and pond embankment.

I don't have the nerve to try to go sidewise over this area, (what angle is safe?) but when going straight up and down, it just "keeps on going". The only obvious difference is the engine noise, whether pointing straight up hill or pointing down. With 250 pounds of extra weight on the front and low gear range, it never acted like it would lose traction or power. Just up and down, up and down...

Not much fear of anyone NOT using the seat belt on this hill... I think they'd just slide off the tractor if they didn't!!

The hill was a bit wet, not terribly slick, but I was able to stop and back up (when pointed down hill) any time I chose... !!

I was hoping -- even "convinced" -- but not really sure until I "did" it!!

Monte
MonteKub.gif

/ BX1800 on a steep hill #2  
Monte; Glad it was able to handle the hills for you. Are you running Ag's or Turfs? As for "What angle is safe?", search this site for 'Tiltmeters', you will find a wealth of information. Can even buy one by returning to the Home page (banner) and clicking on the Tiltmeters link.

Roy

/ BX1800 on a steep hill
I have the Ag tires... (or an industrial that is quite close - the bars curve diagonally, rather than run straight diagonally)

Monte
MonteKub.gif

/ BX1800 on a steep hill #4  
Monte,

Sounds almost as steep as my hill! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I'd love to see pictures to compare! hint hint /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The GlueGuy