B2320

/ B2320 #1  

Lea

Silver Member
Tractor
john Deere model M kabota 2320 TLB
I folks
I have a 2012 B2320 with 300 hours on it, yesterday. I noticed both front axel seals leaking, is it a big job to change these seals?
Any special tools reguired?
Lea

/ B2320 #2  
Which seals? The pivot seals are not hard to replace but you need to tear down the pivot joint to get to it.
Pivot seals are the most common leaks. The only "special" tools required are snap ring pliers.

/ B2320 #3  
Not sayin this is the only possibility... If it is leaking from the hub seal, I'd be suspect of the bearings being bad allowing the hub to not run true causing the lip seal to lose seal force/contact against the hub. This might be the case if you do a lot of loader work with insufficient rear ballast. If this is the case it is an easy job with most of the metal parts being made with O-rings (re-usable). Just be careful of any shims that might be installed.

/ B2320 #4  
First, I'd check to see if there's a vent and if there is, that it isn't plugged.
Second, I'd check that the oil level isn't overfilled.
If the oil is just seeping out slowly and not leaking out a large volume of oil, you may not need to fix anything.
If your front axle is filled with UDT, consider switching to gear oil.
I believe recommended front axle lube is KUBOTA UDT or SUPER UDT fluid or SAE 80 - SAE90 gear oil.
Check your manual for recommended oil types.
Gear oil is thicker than UDT and less prone to weeping out of seals.

-Jim