Loader Kubota Front Loader LA953 acting strange

/ Kubota Front Loader LA953 acting strange
Agreed, never saw a LA953, my L5030 had an LA853 as did the L4330, L3830 would have a smaller loader. TractorData.com Kubota L3830 tractor attachments information

OK, my bad. My tractor is L5030 and the loader is LA853. Sorry.

IMG_3798.JPG IMG_3799.JPG IMG_3800.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3798.JPG
    IMG_3798.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3799.JPG
    IMG_3799.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3800.JPG
    IMG_3800.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 89
   / Kubota Front Loader LA953 acting strange #12  
That's a nice looking tractor. Mine only acted funny when the hoses weren't hooked up right. I unhooked all of them then hooked them up again, I took the loader off frequently; sounds like yours is something else.

Sorry I can't be of an help as hydraulics, valves etc. are a mystery to me. J J, MountainviewRanch and others are really knowledgeable, maybe they will check in or you might try a pm to one of them.

/ Kubota Front Loader LA953 acting strange #13  
I just had the same problem with a friend's L4200. It turned out to be the 3-point hitch adjustment. If you lowered the 3-point a little the FEL would work fine. Adjusted that and no more problem. Worth looking at.

/ Kubota Front Loader LA953 acting strange #14  
Check to make sure the 3-pt hitch isn't pegged and putting the system into relief.

That would definitely be something that could have started when you hooked up and lifted the backhoe.

The 3-pt is last in line to the tank -- taking PB flow from the loader. But if it's being pegged in a lift setting, it will mess up the loader functions.

If you're not real familiar with this tractor, you might not be able to recognize the sound/feel of this behavior.

/ Kubota Front Loader LA953 acting strange
3-pt hitch it was! It was set at the highest position, and lowering it completely solved the problem with the FEL.

Thank you very much, y'all. You guys are awesome.

/ Kubota Front Loader LA953 acting strange #16  
OK, so if that tractor has position control, which I believe, that means you need to adjust the rod/stop that cuts off the hydraulics when in the "up" position.

But first, I'd run it without the backhoe on to make sure the backhoe wasn't interfering with the 3-pt getting to the up position. If it does, use a knob or stopper on the 3-pt lever to prevent you from trying to raise the 3-pt all the way up when the backhoe is on.

Some tractors will have a flip-down lockout to prevent the 3-pt from being raised above a certain point when a backhoe is attached.

If this tractor doesn't have position control, then check the 3-pt lever linkages to make sure it's not sticking in the up position, and again make sure the backhoe isn't blocking travel.