B2650 MMM install?

/ B2650 MMM install? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
I just installed my 60" MMM does anyone have any tips to install it with ease? My trouble is the deck is so heavy it's hard to get it into position by yourself to mount since the rear wheels of the deck do not rotate. I also had trouble getting the mid pto hooked up since you can not really see the teeth to align them i just guessed.

/ B2650 MMM install? #2  
Do you have a front loader? I keep mine on until after the mmm is on or off. Then remove for the lawn season. It jacks the front wheels out of the way. My shop floor is smooth and I put a low dolly under the mmm for any direction movement. Hookup is just muscle , and I too am losing it!
Rob

/ B2650 MMM install? #3  
Have the 72 but it has swivel wheels on each corner. Use the loader to lift the front and muscle it in. I just drop the bucket or grapple and leave the loader arms on to mow.

/ B2650 MMM install? #4  
Rob 80. The best way to do remove or install the 60 in mmm is to lower the 2 front bogey wheels to raise the front of the deck. The left rear anti scalp wheel has another hole in the shaft to drop it down and turn it 90 degrees. Then lift the rear gauge wheels all of the way up so they dont drag. The deck will sit on the 3 wheels and will be above the right rear anti scalp roller. After unhooking the brackets and pto shaft turn the tractor wheels all the way to right. You can then pull the deck out the right side. It might take a little wiggle to get it around the front tire. You can basically pull it out with one hand this way. I can remove or install mmm in 3 or 4 minutes this way. 20160216_165104 (450x800).jpg

/ B2650 MMM install?
I do have a loader and use it to get the mmm to clear the b2650 chassis it only has to lift the front of the tractor a inch or two. rkidd idea would take care of that.

It takes me forever to get the pto on because you can not really see it to align it up, i just guess.

/ B2650 MMM install? #6  
Rob 80. For the mmm pto I slide in from the back of the tractor and that way can see the splines to hook up shaft. Hope this helps.

/ B2650 MMM install? #7  
I've hooked up the mid- PTO from the side, but it is easier to just lay down on the ground and slide under the rear end, just as rkidd does.

/ B2650 MMM install? #8  
Some MMM are meant to be driven over, thats what I do.

/ B2650 MMM install? #9  
Getting the splines aligned is a pain - a three-handed job. Trying to "eyeball" the alignment while holding both ends of the connection while ALSO trying to employ the third hand (elbow, knee) to find the magic spot where there is just enough pressure that the male end will slip into the female end without either binding or separating seems harder than it should be.

One thing that's helped is marking the correct alignment of the splines. I use a drill to create a light, but lasting, mark to help align them.

20160313_160106.jpg

Granted, it's a relatively small inconvenience but it just seems like a really, really easy engineering fix for Kubota. Never used another brand so I can't compare to others.

/ B2650 MMM install?
Yes you would think they would mark the two ends to make it simple.