B2650 protecting paint job from fading?

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
I know it is just a tractor but i garage my B2650 and the sun shines through a window all day on to it. I assume it's the suns UV that fades paint just like a cars paint? I plan on getting a cheap UV shade to help. I see a lot of Kubota's that are kept outside all there life and are no longer orange.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #2  
You're already way ahead of the game by storing it under a roof. I wouldn't be too concerned about windows.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #3  
Just throw an old sheet over it.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #4  
Kubota paint is garbage.

My FEL sat for just one season outdoors at the dealership and it's faded quite a bit already. Plastic roof fades badly also.

When is the last time you saw a 1 year old car faded as badly as any Kubota?

That's right , never.

Some guys polish everything anyway but I use up my junk, Fred

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #5  
Cover it up as best you can, and keep it waxed. I detailed professionally for 8 years, dont get to hung up on the brand of wax or sealant. Just apply some every few months and the paint will always stay looking great.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #6  
Why not just put a set of window blinds in that window. $20 and problem is solved.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #7  
I wax mine every 2nd time I cut our 2 acres of grass, after giving it some nice cool off time, a blow off with the air compressor, and a washing. Then, it goes into the garage, and gets covered up with a nice Mexican blanket, that has some nice matching shades of orange in it. It kinda likes it, and treats me well when I ask it to do some chores. The neighbors think I,m **** about my stuff, but I do it for me. Nice to have the time, and energy, to keep stuff as nice as possible.

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading?
Why not just put a set of window blinds in that window. $20 and problem is solved.

That was my plan. What brand wax are you guys using? Never thought about using wax on a tractor, i don't even wax my truck lol

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #9  
That was my plan. What brand wax are you guys using? Never thought about using wax on a tractor, i don't even wax my truck lol

Now I've heard everything.:)

/ B2650 protecting paint job from fading? #10  
Trade it for a green one?

:licking: