Insurance Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #1  

stusok

Tractor
b7800 RTV900
Has anyone gotten any Liability insurance for there RTV 900's so we can take them from our home or farm to the local fishing hole or down the road to better hunting grounds?. Had gotten pulled over (with slow moving sign) from local police officer and he stated they are only permitted to be traveled from farm to farm in Ontario. So I called all insurance companies around and no luck on liability insurance. I could only get Lawn and garden coverage for my property witch is basically fire and theft. Maybe that's why so many RTV 900 are for sale in ontario

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #2  
I don't have an RTV, but did have liability on an ATV + tractors. Ask the right provider, one that is "farm" oriented.

We can't drive ATVs etc on the road here but are required to have liability insurance if operated off your own property.

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #3  
I belong to a ATV / UTV club North of Winnipeg and in our Rural Municipality [ the only one in manitoba ] they allow us to drive on designated back roads etc: so long as we belong to the club and we have insurance etc: on our rigs. I buy the plate and basic ins. from our manitoba public insurance and buy the rest of the coverage, fire ,theft, collision etc from the same broker that I buy my other insurance from. Its called Got Toys . The reason most of us do this is because we insure our snowmobiles this way because it ends up being way cheaper doing it this way rather then buying it from our Govt insurance. But you do have to belong to the local club in order to be able to drive on the designated back roads, becaues the club also has a insurance allowing us to do so. To bad there wasn't more Municipalities around that would allow this.In ours we have approx 200 KLMs of back roads to travel on. It may seem like a lot but lets face it most of the roads parallel each other.

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #4  
Has anyone gotten any Liability insurance for there RTV 900's so we can take them from our home or farm to the local fishing hole or down the road to better hunting grounds?. Had gotten pulled over (with slow moving sign) from local police officer and he stated they are only permitted to be traveled from farm to farm in Ontario. So I called all insurance companies around and no luck on liability insurance. I could only get Lawn and garden coverage for my property witch is basically fire and theft. Maybe that's why so many RTV 900 are for sale in ontario
I think they could be considered like a tractor which is what the cop is referring to. If classed as an ATV, it would not be allowed to legally travel on the roads in most places although in a town in Wyoming where I lived for a few short weeks, there was about as many ATV's in town as cars.

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada
We are aloud Atv or side bye sides on our munisipal roads ( take them to local restaurants or work) with driver license and insurance. But I'm afraid of leaving my driveway and hitting the neighbors kid or something then getting sued. Once I'm out in back trails cops are rarely to bother you unless your driving like an idiot. It's the chance I don't won't to take. I've drivin my tractor countless time by police officers with only thumbs up for a great toy that I have...even plowed some of there driveway in winter.

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #6  
I don't have an RTV, but did have liability on an ATV + tractors. Ask the right provider, one that is "farm" oriented.

We can't drive ATVs etc on the road here but are required to have liability insurance if operated off your own property.

I dont know how he did it, but a old guy here got his RTV "legal" for the road somehow. He got a GT (Tractor) plate on it, a revolving light and a SMV sign. Hes driving it all over the back roads here (and holding up traffic in the process;)).

I dunno whats going on or how he did it, but my guess is he somehow got it registered as a farm tractor (he has no farm) and the ones at Service NS didnt figure out his RTV was basically an ATV as opposed to a tractor.

I was tempted to call the RCMP and get some clarification, because if what hes doing is legal it could be a nice loophole. Why couldnt it apply to other SxS as well?

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada
Maybe we need Kubota to have liability insurance to per-mote and sell more UTV's to the recreation driver instead of just farm use.

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #8  
We are aloud Atv or side bye sides on our munisipal roads ( take them to local restaurants or work) with driver license and insurance. But I'm afraid of leaving my driveway and hitting the neighbors kid or something then getting sued. Once I'm out in back trails cops are rarely to bother you unless your driving like an idiot. It's the chance I don't won't to take. I've drivin my tractor countless time by police officers with only thumbs up for a great toy that I have...even plowed some of there driveway in winter.

Check out the Haliburton. ATV club for the latest on The Ontario laws.

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #9  
One Google search brought up multiple ATV liability insurers in Ontario.

Still won't get you road legal though.

I was told that one of the reasons these things became popular was for folks who had lost their drivers license for one reason or another.

/ Kubota RTV road insurance in Canada #10  
I dont know how he did it, but a old guy here got his RTV "legal" for the road somehow. He got a GT (Tractor) plate on it, a revolving light and a SMV sign. Hes driving it all over the back roads here (and holding up traffic in the process;)).

I dunno whats going on or how he did it, but my guess is he somehow got it registered as a farm tractor (he has no farm) and the ones at Service NS didnt figure out his RTV was basically an ATV as opposed to a tractor.

I was tempted to call the RCMP and get some clarification, because if what hes doing is legal it could be a nice loophole. Why couldnt it apply to other SxS as well?

At least he didn't have FT plates or I'd REALLY be upset. I can see someone going in and wanting plate for "their Kubota" and getting them, do RTVs have a VIN or they like tractors and just have serial number?