L3400 racheting/crankable side link

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #1  

bigballer

Platinum Member
PNW - North Central bWashington - The Evergreen St
Tractor
2006 Kubota L3400
Anybody mod the stock side link to make it easier to adjust? Or installed aftermarket with hand crank? Adjusting the stock one is a major PITA!

1461202293305.jpg

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #2  
I agree. Those are the most ridiculous adjusting things I have ever used. I have a hand crank type on my old 8N Ford and it is light years ahead of this Kubota thing...it is a 1952 8N. I have taken to using a small pipe wrench on the Kubota to adjust, works good too.

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #3  
Anybody mod the stock side link to make it easier to adjust?...
Replaced it with hydraulic side link :cloud9: :number1: It really is worth it but it's not cheap... so much easier.

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #4  
Replaced it with hydraulic side link :cloud9: :number1: It really is worth it but it's not cheap... so much easier.

Most of us don't have to adjust the side lifting link that often and as Teg says the hydraulic route is great but expensive (a few hundred $) and it ties up one of your remotes. I'm betting you have no surplus of remotes. A couple of things you can do are: 1) Make sure it is straight and clean and lube the heck out of it. Working it back and forth off the tractor will help but yes it is still a pain. 2) Given the infrequent use, even if you lube heck out of it you really need more leverage after it sat there for a year. I'd weld about a 4" extension on the rods that stick out for adjustment depending on how much clearance you have. And 3) take a look on the web at the search topic of "adjustable 3pt hitch links" . Tractor Supply offers TISCO crank models that might fit if you go measure. Also 3 point Hitch Kits for Compact Tractors offers a couple of crank type units that are said to fit most compact tractors.

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #5  
Is there a for instance why this (side stock link) needs to be adjusted, cant remember the last time I even looked at it.

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link
My property is mostly sloped so use it when creating terraces. Also I adjust for making swales through my pasture. I am also building and off-road 1/8 scale RC track and it's super helpful when making berms etc. I have no desire to add hydraulics due to cost. I like the crank type will look into that. Thanks.

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #7  
I wonder if the crank adjustable one from my Kioti would fit it. They are fairly close in size. it is even the right color. :)

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #8  
JWR - thanks. Bookmarked that link for future reference. Our B2320 could really use one of those crank leveling links to speed up field adjustments. Might even get one for the side opposite the hydraulic link on my L to get a little more range of tilt for the box blade for cutting into a side hill & the rear blade for ditching. The Plant Manager really has difficulty adjusting the B and I avoid adjusting the L unless I really have to. With the Hoe subframe mounts back there it's a crowded place to be swinging a wrench.
-Jim

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #9  
Not sure if it will fit, but also look into the one they use on the L5240. Much easier than the other style.

/ L3400 racheting/crankable side link #10  
My property is mostly sloped so use it when creating terraces. Also I adjust for making swales through my pasture. I am also building and off-road 1/8 scale RC track and it's super helpful when making berms etc. I have no desire to add hydraulics due to cost. I like the crank type will look into that. Thanks.

Ok, see where your coming from, I'll look forward to some pics of this RC track when done, must be for those remote control cars or trucks.