Mowing Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #1  

Gunksrocker

Tractor
Kubota BX1870
Kubota guy say no worries but all I read online is tractors flipping. Any advice on how to approach this hill? IMG_0228.JPG

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #2  
What is the angle of the hill. From the picture it doesn't look very steep. Put the ROPS up and fasten your seatbelt. I wouldn't hesitate to drive across that hill in any direction. Set the wheels to the widest position. Removing the loader would probably help. Keep the loader low and drive slow. Hitting a hole on the low side is your biggest enemy.

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #3  
I have a BX2370 and my property doesn't have a flat spot on it. I've never had any issues with tipping, but I have learned the limitations of the tractor.
From what I can see from your picture, you won't have any tipping issues unless you aren't careful. Take it slow the first few times and learn the terrain.

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #4  
You shouldn't have any problems mowing UP and DOWN. But make sure you are in 4 wheel drive.
If you load your rear tires, and put spacers on them, then you may be able to cut across.:2cents:

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #5  
I also recommend putting spacers on and removing the mower; some add weights to the front, but I've never needed them. Mow up and down until you get to know your tractor and property then maybe diagonally or across in some places, the BX is a very stable machine.

Mowing a Steep Hill with the BX. - YouTube

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870
Thanks. Did you mean removing the FEL? I thought I'd leave that on so it helps with weight on the front going up? Is that you in the video? That definitely helps me feel better about my hill.

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #7  
Take the FEL off for mowing, it makes the tractor top heavy. Just looking at the pic, it looks OK to mow up and down. I also feel safer mowing up the hill than down. I don't know if you have the option to go down in a less steep area and up the steeper parts.

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #8  
Yup. If you want stability, remove the FEL completely.

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #9  
Also, don't mow when the grass is wet, if at all possible.
And there is an incline meter available through TBN advertisers that can help you know when terrain is too steep, and or when you're at pucker factor central.

/ Nervous about mowing this hill with my new BX1870 #10  
The OP is using a belly mower? If so, good, as it centrally positions the weight low. Remove the loader and have the ROPS up. As easy as the loader goes on/off, there is no reason to have a bunch of weight that is mounted high and on the axle that pivots.