BX25 3 point linkage & BT601 Backhoe on BX2200

/ BX25 3 point linkage & BT601 Backhoe on BX2200 #1  

usmcskeeter

Tractor
Satoh Bull
I know that backhoes on BX2200 has been the subject of topic many times on here, and believe me, I have probably read every one. I'm aware of the pros and cons and without belaboring any points I am set on adding a BT601 (already bought) to my BX2200.

What I am currently contemplating is whether I fabricate my own subframe for the BH or if I use the BX25 subframe. Reviewing the parts breakdown and looking at some machines, it seems that the biggest difference will come into play, aside from fender mounting, is the updated 3-pt linkage system compared to the BX2200. My only concern with this would be the rockshaft assembly. It's obvious that this housing has changed, but could the BX25 rockshaft assembly fit on the BX2200 rear end?

I know it would be cheaper to fab up my own subframe, but if the upgraded 3 point linkage would be convertible to the BX2200, it makes sense to go that route.

Any input - has anyone tried to do this upgrade on any of the older models? Or does anyone have experience with putting a BT601 on a BX2200?

/ BX25 3 point linkage & BT601 Backhoe on BX2200 #2  
Many more parts then just the rockshaft, between the BX2200 and BX22 there are many part differences in just the frame connecting the loader frame to the backhoe. Going between backhoes from the BX22 to the BX25 mounting is a big jump also. The backhoe mounting is more then just adapting some brackets under the seat.

There is a reason that Kubota has the TLB and the regular BXs and they do not offer a kit to upgrade, you may try the WOODS subframe but as many have said be better off changing machines otherwise when you break things it will not be pretty.

David