Can I use this implement with a BX1860?

/ Can I use this implement with a BX1860? #1  

KYKub

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota - BX 1860 and G1900
I would like to do some grading work on a sloped area of my lot that is mostly clay and won't grow grass. I want to work in some top soil and manure and a box blade seems like the best implement to use. Local rental place has a Bush Hog BBX65. I'm wondering if my small BX1860 can handle it. Anybody have an idea?

Here is a link to specs for the BBX65: Bush Hog 2015 BBX65

Weight seems ok, and it has Cat 1 pins. Not sure, though, about whether or not my tractor can handle it on a slope (have to go sideways, can't go up/down).

Thanks for any input!

/ Can I use this implement with a BX1860? #3  
Its too big, you need a 48".

/ Can I use this implement with a BX1860?
Thanks Dodge Man and slimshadie. I agree a 48" would be better; however, a 60" is the smallest I can find to rent. It's a fairly small area, maybe 1,000sf so, so I can take my time and take more, smaller, bites. Would that make a difference?

By the way, I've never used a box blade before so forgive the novice questions.

Last edited:
   / Can I use this implement with a BX1860? #5  
While the BX series have mostly Category 1 Three Point Hitches, they are reduced in width. It is unlikely any 60" Box Blade will fit on a BX hitch without interfering with the tractor.

Consider a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment in lieu of a Box Blade for grading 1,000 square feet area.

You can purchase a Ratchet Rake from the TBN store. Button is at top of this page.

LINKS (2) TO TBN ARCHIVE:

Google

Google

Attachments

• DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 305
   / Can I use this implement with a BX1860? #6  
My experience is they are reduced in lift, not width. Some of the early ones wanted narrower implement pin spacing, but I think that was before the -60 series.

I have several standard Cat 1 implements with no problems other than lift height. I expect it would work if is kept less than half full.

Bruce

/ Can I use this implement with a BX1860? #7  
Wagners has a rental similar to this. $29 per day.
Could you trailer your 1860 to the rental yard and try it for fit?
4' vs 5', take smaller bites. :2cents:

/ Can I use this implement with a BX1860?
Thanks for the good information. jeff9366, I have a Piranha Bar - would that work similar to a Ratchet Rake? I think if I can't figure out a box blade I'll give the FEL with PB a try.

Beckmurph, we must be neighbors. I'm in Grayson. Wagner's is the rental place I was referring to. Rather than trailer my tractor over, I think I might just measure 3pt arm spread and go measure the implement at their place. Thanks for spurring the thought.

I think it will attach, I'm just not sure I'll have enough power or traction to get a good result. Still, at worst, I'm out $30-40 and some time. Not a disaster.

Any tips on using the box blade to work in soil/manure? Again, I will likely have to not be very aggressive.

Thanks.

/ Can I use this implement with a BX1860? #9  
I think your tractor would handle the bb fine...but unfortunately a box blade takes a little (more is better) experience to use efficiently (even more time without hydraulic T&T)...

I have a B1700...and a Bush Hog CBX60 that I have no problems filling, pulling etc...stock, it weighs less than the one the OP cites for rental...but I add about 150#'s with some rail steel bars...!

/ Can I use this implement with a BX1860? #10  
That size box can drag larger Kubotas to a stop when it fills with material -- I don't think a BX will have a chance. The main purpose of a box blade is to fill with material to move it around for grading/spreading, so it's really the volume of material that is the load you have to consider. That is a lot of material for such a small tractor to move around.

Heck, I had a 48" box for my B2920, and I could stop that tractor with wheels spinning when the box loaded up. So even a 48" will be a workout for a BX.