Backhoe BH92 replacement parts

/ BH92 replacement parts #1  

stumpster

Tractor
Kubota MX4700
I tore the bucket pin completely out of the dipper this weekend.

image-2278905892.jpg

image-3122542694.jpg

I think I found the dipper at Messick's for around $900. Is this the best price I'm likely to find? Can I get away with just the dipper? It doesn't look like anything else was damaged.

/ BH92 replacement parts #3  
Can you share how you did that so I can avoid it myself? I understand if you didn't want to do so because of the prevalence of I-would-have-known-better types on TBN.

/ BH92 replacement parts #4  
Wow, that's impressive.

I agree with Kenny: repair it.

I don't know what a weldor charges in your area, but a good repair will be stronger
than the original, and cheaper, too.

/ BH92 replacement parts
Can you share how you did that so I can avoid it myself? I understand if you didn't want to do so because of the prevalence of I-would-have-known-better types on TBN.
happy to share. I have thick skin.

I'm sure the thing I was pulling on at that exact moment is just the straw that broke the camel's back. I've been using the backhoe pretty hard for the past two years. Not every weekend but when I do use it I'm usually digging up a big pine or oak stump. Anyway... I had just finished with one red tip stump and was starting on the second one (the one in the background of the first picture). I just pulled on one of the stubs on the right side to see if I could get the whole stump to let go but it wasn't the stump that let go.

It suited me just fine. I was ready to shut down and go drink beer anyway.

/ BH92 replacement parts
This looks like it would be a much better Repair rather than a Replace... Have you checked with local machine shops...? KennyV
I have a friend in the welding business. I'll check with him. Thanks.

/ BH92 replacement parts #7  
Wow - surprised that happened! I agree, a repair will make it stronger and better than new for a lot less money.
Good luck

/ BH92 replacement parts #8  
I am surprised the hydraulics were strong enough to break the dipper -- that should not happen. Check the metal carefully for any voids/flaws/etc.

/ BH92 replacement parts #9  
I am surprised the hydraulics were strong enough to break the dipper -- that should not happen. Check the metal carefully for any voids/flaws/etc.
That's what I'm thinking. See if there are any porosities along the fractured surfaces.

/ BH92 replacement parts #10  
stumpster
If you financed your MX through Kubota, your insurance would cover that break.
Second, I would show that to your selling dealer and let them talk to Kubota about this problem.
:shocked: