BX22 Cylinder repair

/ BX22 Cylinder repair #1  

sherpa

Platinum Member
Tractor
2004 NH TC33D & 2014 NH Boomer 24
I have a 2004 BX22 with a leaking cylinder. The cylinder is on the loader lift. Can someone walk me through how to repair this with the seal kit? Maybe someone has already posted the information some where on this forum.
Thanks,
sherpa

/ BX22 Cylinder repair #2  
I brought mine to a local hydraulic shop and let them do it. I think the cost was around $75- $100. They also honed the inside of the cylinder to remove any scratches.

With my BX, all three cylinders started leaking within a short time of each other, so you might want to do all three cylinders at the same time, depending on age/hours. My machine was a 2003 with 672 hours.

/ BX22 Cylinder repair #3  
Like gsganzer, I just recently had both my BX22 FEL lift cylinders rebuilt at the local shop $90 per. One of them was pouring oil when lowering and the other had a steady drip all the time. Drop them off in the morning and picked them up the next day at noon. I've never rebuilt a cylinder myself and folks I know that have say its not that bad. That the worst part is getting the plug off.

/ BX22 Cylinder repair #4  
There are tons of how-to videos on you-tube that will show you how to rebuild one

/ BX22 Cylinder repair
I did the rebuild myself. 10 orings some flat, some round, some color coded. Fairly easy. Came apart easy, went Bach easy.
Sherpa