Mowing BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #11  
My RCR1248 mower PTO shaft fit fine from the factory with a QH050 quick hitch on my BX2670. Without the QH you might need to trim a few inches from the shaft. It's easy to do with a hacksaw and a vice. Everything attachments has a good video on doing this.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #12  
Yes, the manual recommends nothing larger than 42", but I spoke to my dealer before buying my LP1248 and it works great on either my BX2200 or BX2660. My dealer mounted my cutter, but as mentioned, there are several You Tube videos on this as well as manual references.

Good luck.

I think the 48" cutter will be fine for you. I know of several BX2200's that run very close to the red on engine temperature after mowing for a while using the 60" belly mower. I would think the 48" Landpride might cause you to run a little on the hot side during long mowing periods in deep grass but should not be a show stopper. Here are 2 data points: I run a 60" belly mower on a BX2200 all the time. I also run a 5' bush hog on a B2150 which says it is 24hp. Both are fine. You will have no problem with the 48" Landpride.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #13  
I think the 48" cutter will be fine for you. I know of several BX2200's that run very close to the red on engine temperature after mowing for a while using the 60" belly mower. I would think the 48" Landpride might cause you to run a little on the hot side during long mowing periods in deep grass but should not be a show stopper. Here are 2 data points: I run a 60" belly mower on a BX2200 all the time. I also run a 5' bush hog on a B2150 which says it is 24hp. Both are fine. You will have no problem with the 48" Landpride.

I've heard the same, but in running ours for a bit over 13 years, we've never had that happen.

About a week ago, one of our daughters told us the BX2660 was running in the red. A quick check showed it was a quart low on oil and the radiator was totally clogged; seems it hadn't been checked in, oh I don't know when.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #14  
I've heard the same, but in running ours for a bit over 13 years, we've never had that happen.

About a week ago, one of our daughters told us the BX2660 was running in the red. A quick check showed it was a quart low on oil and the radiator was totally clogged; seems it hadn't been checked in, oh I don't know when.

I've seen the "running hot" or more often "running too close to the red" on my own BX2200 and 2 others. All had their air paths blown out very thoroughly with compressed air & more than normal attention to radiator screens, inlet grilles, etc. Also flushed radiators. It becomes more noticeable on the one in Louisiana when the outside air temp is at or near 100 degrees. My belief is that the water pumps are undersized on these small 3cyl engines. Reason I say that is (with all cleaning, blowing, clearing, etc.) the radiator itself is plenty big or maybe even oversized for that little engine. I have also seen people pull their thermostats out which did not fix the issue. Nothing left in my mind but that the water pumps are just marginal capacity. Not quite enough water flow to be as forgiving as I think they should be.

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #15  
I've seen the "running hot" or more often "running too close to the red" on my own BX2200 and 2 others. All had their air paths blown out very thoroughly with compressed air & more than normal attention to radiator screens, inlet grilles, etc. Also flushed radiators. It becomes more noticeable on the one in Louisiana when the outside air temp is at or near 100 degrees. My belief is that the water pumps are undersized on these small 3cyl engines. Reason I say that is (with all cleaning, blowing, clearing, etc.) the radiator itself is plenty big or maybe even oversized for that little engine. I have also seen people pull their thermostats out which did not fix the issue. Nothing left in my mind but that the water pumps are just marginal capacity. Not quite enough water flow to be as forgiving as I think they should be.

They make em tougher where you are from, if it's 100 degrees, my open station tractors get to rest, so mine may run hot too, I won't be checking though.:)

/ BX25D with Land Pride rotary cutter RCR1248 #16  
I've run the RCR1248 on my BX2660 for years, and it works well. The BX runs cooler with the RCR than to does with the 54" MMM. This is Texas, and I run in 100º temps every summer. Just keep the radiator filter clean.